Gold! Guess the weight and win 2016!

T

Tuolumne

Gold and Treasure! Guess the weight and win everything 2016!

Terry put on a good contest-so I being the winner of "guess the gold weight" will start a new contest to run throughout the 2016 Treasure season!

Pictured is the beginnings of the treasury to be won.

To start we have crystal gold on quartz, mercury dime, a golden Mexican Dos Peso and placer gold in iron matrix- all from my claim from detector and BGT. I will add more to the collection as the summer goes and the season sluices away....

It can be yours if your guess of the weight is closest!

If you want 5 guesses you can do so by adding a treasure to the hoard!

It doesnt have to be big just a real treasure, some flakes of placer .01 grams, a gem panned from your secret spot, a silver coin you detected. Just no junk unless its the silver coin type! Lol

Depending on how many enter, there will be consolation treasures for the top closest guesses. This way the winners will have gold and antiquities from all of our members claims and secret spots.

Since Terry put up his Mercury dime for 2015 "guess the weight" he automatically has a guess

Once we get to mid December then we will open the guessing when we have a full picture of all the additions....

This is open to ALL members of TreasureNet.com in good standing. Tell me closest to the EXACT TOTAL weight of these treasures in Grams (000.00-grams).

Last day to enter with addition of treasure is by mail postmarked, or physical drop off, no later than Saturday December 17th 2016

Contest guessing closes at 6:00pm PST , Saturday , December 31, 2016

The winning guess will be revealed at 6:05pm Dec 31 2016 just after contest closes!

Winner can do whatever they want with the booty, but needs to front one piece of the hoard winnings to start off the next 2017 "guess the weight" treasure contest! Let this be a perpetual treasure contest for T-NET eternity!!!! Lol

the only weight so far that is really spot on it the Dos Peso, that dime has a lot of wear....good luck

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be careful, I think this would be illegal in most states since you have to ante up to enter a guess.

OP
OP
T

Tuolumne

Ok now the parameters are changed a little, entrance is no anti- but if you guys feel like planting good gold karmic seeds to sprout in the gold bearing future, feel free to add some flakes to the chest.

For all you gold bugs out there, the Dos Peso is a great gold coin. Its one of the best low premium, domesday fractional trading, small sovereign gold coin from the oldest mint in the western world in Mexico city, 1535. When they minted most of these it was illegal to have gold in the USA, their larger 50 Peso versions were in "tael" eastern measurements at 37.5 grams oro puro to facilitate trade with their eastern customers demand.

Some suggest this small Dos Peso was re-striked to 1945 to avoid US confiscation laws under "collectable numis" status.....

Good luck with the guesses and hopefully we get some good rain on snow el nino events out west soon to move the gold down to everyones pans...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread