Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope I'm posting this to the correct forum
attached are a couple of pictures that are of Quartz,Iron and copper??, at least I think that its copper, however I'm in an area that has naturally occuring asbestos in green serpentine rock, the rock did sound off on my falcon md20, but I have no idea if asbestos will sound off.. I was hoping for a response before I smashed it up to blue bowl, but I didn't.. I'm getting quite a few quartz pcs with this green in it.. I know the pictures aren't great my only camera is an old I phone 4 , Hopefully some of you CA Foothills prospectors will read this and give me a hand in ID, I dont know if this asbestos, copper?? occurs in other regions or states
Thanks a bunch

Attachments

• photo 22 copper.JPG
    photo 22 copper.JPG
    625.1 KB · Views: 89
  • photo 21 copper.JPG
    photo 21 copper.JPG
    661.8 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like sulfides. There are a few copper mines along the motherlode. The bigger ones being in the central motherlode...ever heard of copperoppolis

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be able to purchase a cheap test kit for copper , just to check it out . I'm not sure if you are looking for gold or copper ore , it's all good IMHO .

OP
OP
T

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This area is located in Placerville, I live within walking distance to gold bug park, I'm looking for gold.. I have found quartz with physical gold on the piece ( Far and few between)
one of the reason I asked is that west of us is naturally occurring asbestos in the serpentine rock, People freaked out sued etc.. It seems that I've been getting a lot of pieces of quartz lately with dark green spots in them..I have no idea how to process anything but gold.. One of you said maybe sulfide ore. is there gold in sulfide ore?
Thanks everyone for responding

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Not familiar with your geology but from my experience, copper can range from a light mint color to a dark pea green colour when in quartz. Your best bet it to crush it fine and pan it.

Sulphide ore can contain huge quantities of gold if it is the correct ore, again, crush and pan. Then ask yourself, if it contains asbestos or other properties is it something you want to process?

And if you do crush it, in case of asbestos, wear a good mask!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lot of chromite in that area. It looks like Chromite or Nickle ore. Hard to tell by the pictures but that's not a color I normally associate with copper minerals.

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread