3" dredge hose recommendation for suction nozzle

Kozygold

Jan 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this forum I am planning a summer trip to Alaska this summer have been searching for a while trying to figure out the best setup for either a Hydroforce suction nozzle or a normal suction nozzle here is my current setup 100_1796.jpg it is a 3" promack highbanker combo with 2" pressure hose and a honda 5.5 pump with jet flares honda promack pump.jpg . I have used it a few times for regular highbanking As you can see I have plenty of lay flat hose for shoveling into the hopper but want to use the suction nozzle in the shallow creek.

1. How much hose do you recommend for the nozzle 20ft? I was looking at this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER going from pump to nozzle Will that work.

2. for the 3" suction hose going from Nozzle to Hopper what would you recommend?

3. how does the black nozzle work?

4. does the suction nozzle I have need to stay underwater?

also looking at this nozzle http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3-Dry-L...141963?hash=item3cfea3230b:g:ovgAAOSwAodWFUsp or would you recommend the hydroforce?

thanks for the help!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get the ones on eBay that maker does not tune them there is no orifice,
no washer welded in like the keene or proline you'd be better off saving up for the real hydraforce.
the black one in the photo is a powerjet you need a piece of hose on each end, you could use a spliter
and run both the the nozzle and the jet to extend the suction hose out 40 feet and keep the slurry moving.

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1. How much hose do you recommend for the nozzle 20ft? I was looking at this Amazon.com: Abbott Rubber PVC Suction Hose Assembly, Green, 2" Male X Female NPSM, 65 psi Max Pressure, 20' Length, 2" ID: Industrial & Scientific going from pump to nozzle Will that work.

2. for the 3" suction hose going from Nozzle to Hopper what would you recommend?

3. how does the black nozzle work?

4. does the suction nozzle I have need to stay underwater?

also looking at this nozzle New 3" Dry Lander Suction Nozzle Gold Dredge Sluice Highbanker Hydro Dry Pan | eBay or would you recommend the hydroforce?

thanks for the help!!

Your pressure hose should be the same length as your suction hose. The hose you saw on amazon will work ...kinda. It is stiff. The pressure hose they sell at the dredge shop of your choice works best.

This is the hose you need for the suction hose, sold by the foot. It is expensive but so is your trip to Alaska. Dont spoil the trip by buying cheap hose.
Tiger Flex

The suction nozzle on a highbanker/dredge combo does not need to stay in the water. If you were using a power jet like a conventional dredge you would need to keep it in the water. Lift that one out and ity will shoot a strong jet of water and air over the sluice and blow out the gold.

Do not buy the nozzle on eBay. It is a poor knock off of a hydroforce and will not work nearly as well. The Hydro is only another $50 or so.

You need to get all your parts together and do a test run or two BEFORE you go to Alaska. You dont want to drive for 30 hours to find out your set up doesn't work. Mining shops are a long way apart up there

You didn't say but do you have a place to go? It is extremely difficult to find a random open spot to prospect up there, you need a destination that is open for you.

Have fun!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanaflex 110, righteous UV protection, industrial tough, lasts longer than any other I've ever seen. Price through hose suppliers, agrigulture suppliers and industrial goods suppliers as many industries depend on it. When in the mining biz I sold many 100s of miles easily. It's MUCH cheaper and carried by all bought right-John

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with Industrial Supply inc. that's where I got my hoses from Industrial grade real flexible best price. I did a lot of shopping found them to be the most affordable.

OP
OP
K

Kozygold

Jan 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have access to a 160 acher claim near manley hotsprings/Tofty area they did some land sluicing in the 70's and the average nugget is in the oz range on the claim next door so this year will be a exploratory/prospecting trip for the future summers!!! I found the hose at Hoseman in LA for 2.20 for the Kanoflex pressure 2" and 4.40 for the 3" thanks for all the help I will go with the hydroforce!!!

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got it hooked up to a 2'' pump with a jet. haven't had any problems yet. It's the same hose the rest of the dredgers use here in NH.

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need anything while in Alaska, there is a mining place in anchorage calked Alaska Mining and Diving. It's the biggest shop that i know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
If you need anything while in Alaska, there is a mining place in anchorage calked Alaska Mining and Diving. It's the biggest shop that i know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Alaska Mining and Diving is WELL WORTH TH STOP !! I was there in 2000 and meet the lady owner and her brother who is a mining professor for the Universty there and a publisher of a great book on mineral I.D. YOU WONT REGRET the visit!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread