Dry Gold Recovery

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All
I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession and have devised a technique to virtually eliminate the use of water while processing alluvial gravels before being processed over a vibrating table. The process is inexpensive and perfect for the dry ,arid areas of Arizona, California, and other gold bearing alluvial deposits world wide where a water source is limited. My alluvial mining experience is substantial with work being performed in Mexico and Arizona which has allowed me to determine what will and wont work in dry mining areas.
What I'm looking for is an individual that can provide funding to build the 1/4 scale prototype and perform testing of the device under normal operating conditions with NO water.
Some may ask the question that "if the technique for removing the clay, hematite, magnetite and gold is so good, why hasn't anyone thought of the idea before"?
That is a good question but the theory behind the device is not reinventing the wheel....There is nothing special to the technique accept the way the device works to remove the solids on the rock with NO water.
A conveyor can feed the device for constant through-put and depending on the tonnage through-put required, the device can be built to process your tonnage requirements.

The "tailings" once run through the device, may be run through a duplex jig and then directly to a vibrating table for black sand and gold separation.

I am not interested in multiple partners or folks that want to make millions immediately because that is not realistic. Rigorous testing to prove the device at an arid location, perhaps Arizona, needs to be completed before the device can be marketed but having built a small scale machine, I know that the principle is solid and produced the end results I was shooting for.

Having said the above, I am looking for ONE person to partner with to provide funding to build the 1/4 scale device and use their mine location for testing or know of a dry placer operation where the equipment can be set-up for trial runs. Once the trial runs and tweeking of the equipment have been proved to do as required, the device and equipment can then be produced on a larger scale.

The partnership will be 50-50 and the investor will provide the monies for expenses to bring the device from conception to production. I am anticipating a budget of $20,000 USD for the 1/4 scale device development and associated equipment to produce a working model to process 5tons/Hr which is a huge sum of money but will in my opinion return a great deal more. In addition, the process and equipment will need to be patented for protection purposes. (I know the Chinese do not honor any such US patents)

Please respond via private message if interested. I will respond to serious folks only and will not respond to negative comments. Please note before I divulge the idea to a prospective investor, a non-disclosure and non-compete contract will be signed.

Thank you
WK

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your not allowed to solicit funding here

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will respond to serious folks only and will not respond to negative comments.

Kind of says it all. You will allow us to provide the money for your experiment if we don't ask uncomfortable questions.

There have been some very generous and thoughtful offers on this forum lately. This isn't one of them.

Heavy Pans

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Kind of sounds like a process I was reading about this morning in a back issue of the ICMJ Mining Journal on recovering values from volcanic cinders. Seems that one of the people involved passed away and his widow got over seven years at "Club-Fed".

I've been building my own gear for years and I for one follow the old motto of "if it's not broke, don't fix it!". I've mined From California to Georgia and back and if there's one thing I've learned in my travels is that you have to let the terrain dictate the equipment. What works well out here in one part of the desert may not work well just a mile away. I may not be Kevin O'leary from Shark Tank, but I'm not above borrowing his lines... I'm out!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To risky for me without more info and some kind of guaranty .

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Air fed driven offset elliptical vibrations in dry washers works mighty fine for many years. We invented,PESCO in 82, the drive and there are pics in the drywasher forum with either our tractor fed BIG Bang drywasher or shovel like a mad man, even a smaller backpack unit also. The GREAT Jim Straight has a fantastic book "Follow the Dry Washers" that pretty much goes through all forms and configurations. Invest in a pig in a poke is a joke-John-

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here ya go john. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/drywashing/173643-production-drywasher.html
Air fed driven offset elliptical vibrations in dry washers works mighty fine for many years. We invented,PESCO in 82, the drive and there are pics in the drywasher forum with either our tractor fed BIG Bang drywasher or shovel like a mad man, even a smaller backpack unit also. The GREAT Jim Straight has a fantastic book "Follow the Dry Washers" that pretty much goes through all forms and configurations. Invest in a pig in a poke is a joke-John-

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's tiny-this bign' was a 3 banger-process units-fed by a huge vibrating tri feed . I have to transfer pics to this computer but MUCH work and time. Don't know if I care that much anymore to invest the time. sic sic sic -John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
That's tiny-this bign' was a 3 banger-process units-fed by a huge vibrating tri feed . I have to transfer pics to this computer but MUCH work and time. Don't know if I care that much anymore to invest the time. sic sic sic -John

Pretty sure I remember seeing a unit like the one you're talking about. It was setup south of Tucson and they used a skip loader to feed that monster. Three sections of riffles side by side with a common feed. You could have a team of guys trying to feed that thing and all they would do is get in each others way.
No loader = Keystone cops type of comedy.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics in dry washer forum but looked a bit, just too busy and apathy intrudes. We made 6 total and many 1,000s of the shovel fed big and back pak units ALL air driven offset style. But where they ended up?? Sounds real close.-John

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen
This is not a gimmick, joke, nor is it a get rich scheme or a scheme to take your money. My post is real and I thought it may intrigue a few people who have an interest in new technology not born from arm chair gold prospecting but from hard work in the field over many years in dry arid climates. To many mines go un-worked do to lack of process water and therefore do not come to fruition. My comment on "negative comments" not needed simply meant that criticism of an unknown process or equipment in development was not warranted as it is proprietary and has not been marketed. Simply put, Abraham Lincoln once said that "it is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt. I am in no way calling anyone a fool, but pointing out that each of us probably has dreams and aspirations to become full time minors or at least be associated in some way with gold mining. Having said that, If I have offended anyone in any way, you have my apologies. If anyone would like to discuss the equipment and process via private message, please feel free to do so. Thank you.
Indy

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know it works so well if you don't even have a small scale mock up yet? And "tailings" would have to be wet processed to run through a jig and table. Sounds like it's more complicated than currnt working processes.

OP
OP
Indiana_Jonz

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher

The "process" and equipment have been in use for decades under the guise of "fabrication" equipment. Over the many years of using and designing the equipment for industrial use, I realized that the same equipment and principle can be used for alluvial processing in dry arid areas around the world. So, I know the principle and process works...the idea is to combine the equipment in such a way as to take advantage of the specific gravities of gold, hematite, magnetite, and the associated minerals and "dry" process them to the point the volume of solids to liquids is greatly reduced meaning that the remaining "tailings" can be run across a scalping table and further reclamation over a micron table or suitable table for gold separation. The fabrication of the equipment is very easy to fabricate as is the assembly process. Currently I am looking at incorporating "dry" cyclones into the system for further particle separation before tabling. But, for now to keep the costs as low as possible for the prototype, I want to build the unit for "proof of process and function" without cyclones. Once the unit is de-bugged and proved to work as indicated at an arid site in Arizona, California, Nevada etc., the patent for the "process" will be applied for. In the interim between the proving and patent process, the working model will be built for production and sold.
Regarding water for processing..... if for example a cubic yard of alluvial material weighing roughly 1 ton or so is reduced to less than 50 Lbs. or less of dry processable material, the water required to run the material across the table at a constant feed is much less than actually washing the entire cubic yard using the normal washing process employed by trommel or vibrating screen or other at various operations around the world. This as you know, is a HUGE advantage where water is scarce. Take care.
Indy

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see the inventive spirit still alive - people like you are what makes this country great forget the naysayers.
If i had the money i would take the leap, I hope you get what your asking for im convinced already. Ill soon be back to AZ
myself and im sure the need is great for your invention. The payoff could be huge. Protect what you invent, as im sure
the wolves will be ready to drag it off.
johnnysau

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry that most of us are very sinical , about new adventures in mining products we've seen many . Some work some don't , the big problem I see is that , what will be the return for the investment . I have bought so called new equipment for the rock crushing , gravel mining bussiness . The problem is that some of it get worn out and needs to be completely rebuilt with out the return we expected or were guarantied . It will probly be like when Apple started out with computors , who knew , we would have all bought stock in the company . Maybe if you posted some credentials , some of us would be more interested , understand that none of us know you and that the world these days are not kind , and I'm in no way implying you are that way at all , just saying for every one truthful person theres ten thousand that are looking to scam people out of there hard earned money . Miners are going to be the most savy about this inherant fact , hence most sinical . I would be interested if there some way you could prove out your theory , and also prove out the longevity of your product . I have money , thats not the problem . I earned it all the hard way , I've also blown a lot of money on some new ideas that did'nt pan out well .[ no pun intended ] I would need subtancial proof . I may not be able to spell everything correctly anymore after a head injury , but I still know how to make money with hard work , as does everyone here . So you want an invester , show me , or us a bit of proof . I am more than willing to sign a non discloser and an affidavid to no way produce what you have invented . I would also like some projection of my return , and how long my money would be tied up . I would also like a projection of when my inicial investment would be returned and what intrest you are willing to pay for said investment , would I still recieve a persentage of the final product and for how long . Etc . I'm not looking to break any forum rules here , and hope I don't get kicked off for asking questions and conserns that everyone else is thinking , but are afraid to ask . Don't be afraid to shoot me a PM

Last edited:

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
I at one time thought about marketing some innovative new technology which I had built. However I decided not to take the plunge. Mining equipment has always had a niche market and as there are always a lot of people trying to sell their new ideas- it is a tough road to travel.

I have seen some members of this forum try to market new equipment only to see it quickly copied and sold by other parties. Obtaining a patent takes a long time and is expensive and one has to be prepared to spend mucho bucks defending your patent.

Then there is China-( a good piece on Chinese theft of US technology on 60 minutes today). If your idea has merit and could be profitable-China will steal it quicker than s##t thru a goose.

George

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to see you posting, George...hope all is going well.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread