First gold 2016!

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first time using the youtube editor so go easy on me. BITTER cold day on the river. We had left a hole open at the high water line on purpose to let the floods refill it. The first test holes we dug were REALLY disappointing but we decided to keep going. The first pan I show you is actually 1 bucket, not 2. It was 2 half buckets. Then I did another 8 buckets half buckets. So total dirt moved was about 5 FULL buckets. Considering that, there is a lot of gold in that hole, it was just to cold. Had to break the ground apart with a pick ax before we could get to movable dirt. We left the frozen stuff in the hole to come back to later.

So considering the amount we got out of just a small amount of dirt we will be headed back here again. Once I get some time, I'll get a pic of everything after Ive gone through all the cons.

Not bad for a real short day on the river.

Jan4gold_zpsampcxyxe.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun debate, but there is only one way to get an answer about the bazooka, call the WDFW and ask.

That's like asking the fox if its OK to raid the hen-house. The only real way is to get cited and then keep spending money pushing it through
the court system. Is the texture on the slick plate considered a riffle. and on and on and on and on...

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a plan. I like taking out people that havent been out here before. Just be warned, we have breakfast, brunch, lunch, 2nd lunch and dinner.........more on that later. :laughing7:

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a plan. I like taking out people that havent been out here before. Just be warned, we have breakfast, brunch, lunch, 2nd lunch and dinner.........more on that later. :laughing7:

Eating like hobbits and drinking like wizards...works for me!!

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
less on the first part, more on the last part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread