Cabin fever got you down? Snowed in?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You lucky dog ..you have sunshine and greenery there !
No shine and kinda cold,cloudy,wet and brown here !

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know that road!

Gorgeous country Jeff...no doubt. Couldn't imagine being on a
bike and leaning in to all those curves....wouldn't take long....
green.gif~original

Can't wait to get back down there!
digging_zpsefcf9a69.gif~original

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've ridden that road many times back in the day. It's been widened and the surface is better now but I remember those curves like it was yesterday. That one that just keeps tightening as you go further into it is an *&% clincher fer sure.

Beautiful country you live in Jeff. Hope to be traveling through there later this summer. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummm... Jan and I are planning a trip up that way to see Jeff and Company late next summer as well. I think this calls for a PARTY AT JEFFS" PLACE!!!!!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ridden that road many times back in the day. It's been widened and the surface is better now but I remember those curves like it was yesterday. That one that just keeps tightening as you go further into it is an *&% clincher fer sure.

Beautiful country you live in Jeff. Hope to be traveling through there later this summer. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

I have ridden from Brookings to Grants Pass/Medford at least 10 times, mid/late 80's. Young and riding a 900 Ninja...I should not be alive! I believe I only got three tickets on that road.. Wife has most of the tickets I was awarded over the years... in a box....:laughing7:

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Heavy Pans

Well you know the gateway to the Smith is wide open here anytime and I'm at your convenience as tour guide. I'm sure delnorter would like to join in and late summer is the time to be here. Pick our spot...I'm dying to know! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hummm... Jan and I are planning a trip up that way to see Jeff and Company late next summer as well. I think this calls for a PARTY AT JEFFS" PLACE!!!!!

Like I've said before...if you're waiting on me...you're spinning your wheels. OK, I didn't tell you that but I REALLY wanted to say it. 8-)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was exactly what I needed!

The great greens help take the blues away, thanks Jeff.

All the best,

Lanny

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Jeff you don't have to rub it in! LOL! I got cabin fever so bad I cut the front suspension out of my rat rod just for some thing to do.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What... does 55 save lives? Should a made it in 8 minutes
:evil6: Go Faster and show the speedo next time. We want to see you breaking 200mph :evil6:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Lanny...I found something in your neck of the woods. Looks to be in your area, eh? This is one of many he's done.

He's north and west of me a significant distance, but I have stomped around places close to his area, and much farther north as well.

You can learn some interesting things by watching his videos and the quality of his videos only gets better every time.

All the best,

Lanny

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the ride along! Been over that route many, many times, the last time just after Christmas when hwy. 42 was closed due to a big slide. I like to make a pit stop up Patrick's creek about 1/4 mile. Must be a super great ride on a bike!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't look like you stopped at the Burl Shop just outside of Kerby, between there and Cave Junction. The Burl Shop should be on everyone's list of places to visit. There's lots of great artwork all hand carved from burls. It's a great place to spend a couple of hours. They even have a nice rope swing in the back yard.

It's a Burl Catalog | Its a Burl

S

stefen

I've found a cure! Temporary as it may be, sure made me smile. Take a ride thru my gold bearing grounds. Starts slow but hang on...:thumbsup:

Great video...my compliments.

Didn't see the Roosevelt Elks tho.

Now, if y'all want to get everyone's nickers sweaty, make a video driving through the 'Avenue-Of-The-Giants' south of Rio Del on Hwy 101.

Its the most awesome picturesque forest drive ever. Actually double the tonnage and height growth per acre than any known rain forest in the world.

We take a drive through the Redwood Forest byway drive at least once a month with the top down on the vet....the drive is so dark that you'll need to use headlights...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread