MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is dredging allowed in Qubec?

I've tried to look it up on Google but I had no solid results. I was looking for a link to Quebec's recreational prospecting laws. Especially if I can use a 4 inch dredge up in Quebec. I know a mining permit and a passport is a must, but I'm not sure if I can run a dredge or not. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AGP

Dec 1, 2015
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry "allowed "

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi there, and as I see you're quite new here to TNET, welcome!

I did some quick research on a Canadian prospecting forum, and I'm sorry that it does not look promising at all. From what I found out, the answers I looked at said it is a no-no, no way, etc. If you want to contact the ministry of mines and minerals directly (or their synonymous bureaucracy), you will know 100% for sure.

All the best,

Lanny

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive heard they will. Just give you the run around. Possibly would have better luck in Maine.There rules are changing also. But last I new there were still some water ways. Open to dredging. Also being a member of the central maine prospectors. Opens up some other doors to dredging in Maine.There working closely with the Government. To keep prospecting open to all in Maine. There a lot of places to prospect in Maine. And a lot that nobody talks about.

OP
OP
A

AGP

Dec 1, 2015
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was dredging up in Maine for about two weeks or so last year in a spot that no one talks about. It was really nice being the only ones there. I was just looking into seeing what was close by in Quebec to do some exploring, but it looks like you can't dredge there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread