The Scene of the Crime

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out to the North Fork of the American and this was the sight that confronted me and mining buddy Samplepandan. With the recent rains the ground had softened enough to allow someone to lasso the pay station and drag it away with their vehicle. Ended up being good for us as we got free parking and some color too.

IMG_6927 - Copy.JPG IMG_6928 - Copy.JPG

Sorry about the sideways pics. They looked right when I posted them. Anyone that knows how to fix them please do.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OV thanks for the fix

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many people actually pay... The pay stations?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's crazy!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's one thing to not pay its another to vandalize and steal. That's not gonna do miners any favors.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo and I laughed about it on the way out, as being winter time, there are not many users of the area, so we estimated there might be 60-70 bucks in there, and some of that is personal checks. ..lmao... oh well it gave us a days entertainment.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't think it was miners. This is a cutoff road between Colfax and Foresthill and people travel it all day long. According to the guy at the gas station in Colfax it was probably a local. Worst case scenario blame it on the Kayakers..... The water level was up today and they were out in droves.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder how many people actually pay... The pay stations?

I don't know about how many people pay or don't. We were set to pay but no pay station. All I know is the ranger called me up from panning to move my rig years ago when I parked in the wrong spot. He didn't write me a ticket which was cool.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bet that scared the you know what out of the guy in the outhouse!

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol Not gonna lie, im not mad at whoever did it. Its garbage that we have to pay to park on land that our taxes have already paid for. But my grown-up mature answer is- Vandalism is never the answer

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just gives another reason to charge. And or raise fee's anc create more rules. One more reason to avoid Yankee Jims.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sad thing about this ,is the fact that any kind of mining will be looked down upon , as the cause by the liberals . they pick on what they want , no matter whose fault it was . Just like fishing and hunting as well as gun control . I think it will just be more ammunition for them to keep us all out of doing what we like . There are definately , more of them then there are of us . Please be observant of what the ramifications of this could cause .

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I buy the $20 permit that allows free parking thru out the area including Folsom lake till Memorial Day and then after Labor Day. Good deal .

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I buy the $20 permit that allows free parking thru out the area including Folsom lake till Memorial Day and then after Labor Day. Good deal .

I will have to get one of those. Where does one get that permit?

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My thought on the area is it does receive sporadic vandalism due to its location on a rough dirt road far and being well used by the locals at all hours of the day and night. ASRA which monitors the area and collects fees will now have to replace the lost paystation and that will cost money. They are already looking for extra revenue and their recent EIR comment request form that was due on Dec 1st about the future of the park had a question, What can we do in the park to raise revenue so we can hire additional staff. I though this was a strange question for an EIR but not out of line with their thinking. There are up coming public meetings on the future of ASRA and anyone that does enjoy the area might think about going in defense of mining. All I know is they spend there money to have the cleanest portable toilet that is in the middle of nowhere.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on my side theres no overnighting. But, the road is only in and out.If it wasn't for that road and bridge bet they would have gates put in. Watch what happens when the bridge gets closed to vehicles one day!

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Definitely it would be gated like Drivers Flat and Sliger Mine is from Oct-April if there was no bridge. I think there is enough traffic crossing that a replacement bridge would probably happen but that depends on funding. If the road closes it will be a long hike from the gate,.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread