Found this BLM publication today

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read some of it , it definately brings out some intereting theory .

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Arizau for posting this from the BLM. One of the few times I can say my tax dollars at work and actually mean it. Good Reads.......

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good find! :thumbsup:

It's not theory. It's how your placer deposit will be judged should you be challenged. It's the guide the mineral examiner uses in judging the validity of your claim.

It's also the bible on how to perfect your placer discovery. That's why it was one of the first documents that were uploaded to the Land Matters Mining Library. Type the word "placer" into the search box on that page and you will get lots of interesting results.

Heavy Pans

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting .. Thanks for sharing and will go to Land Matters as well ~!~

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was interesting to see the BLM paper was written by John H Wells for a training session in Arizona. Here is a pic of the John H Wells collection displayed at the geology class at Folsom Lake College, El Dorado Campus.

IMG_4824 - Copy.JPG

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Arizona BLM is the training center for the nation. Mr. Wells was a mining engineer who worked for the BLM. He wrote the original manual in 1969. This is the "updated" version.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
This one has been on my computer for some time now. I got my copy during one of my many "raids" of the Land Matters library. If you want to ever file for a patent on a claimed area or protect it from a governmental taking it's a must read and follow. If you can't prove the value of your claim and the government kicks you off of it for any reason you can't get a settlement. This book tell you exactly how to go about it so it will stand up in court. (Nothing better than using their own rules against them)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread