boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool. Have you looked at the scope from Harbor Freight? Self contained don't have to drag a laptop or tablet in the field. If you catch the sale and use the 20% coupon it's a good price. You can extend the wand with simple speaker connectors. Been using one since they first came out to do building searches where ripping out sections wouldn't float. Oh, not to mention they're lit and brightness is adjustable.

The best part! If I'm having one of those days where I'm spending more time on my butt than on my feet I don't have to worry about the laptop!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I was thinking Gorilla tape an extended wire coat hanger to the head. The spot I was at yesterday has tons of boulders stacked together on what used to be an inside bend.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty cool. Have you looked at the scope from Harbor Freight? Self contained don't have to drag a laptop or tablet in the field. If you catch the sale and use the 20% coupon it's a good price. You can extend the wand with simple speaker connectors. Been using one since they first came out to do building searches where ripping out sections wouldn't float. Oh, not to mention they're lit and brightness is adjustable.

The best part! If I'm having one of those days where I'm spending more time on my butt than on my feet I don't have to worry about the laptop!

No I haven't seen it but will check it out. Thanks! I keep the tablet in a gallon zip lock but 6 feet is a little too close for running water.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Depending on the diameter of the actual camera body I may have a way to attach it that I can send you. Yet another outside the box solution of course. Call me when you have a chance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread