You know you have gold fever when...

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Your coworkers make and post this up in the office because you talk about gold non stop lol ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453416880.797561.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there, done that! Found gold so am now planning a Koi pond as well as a swimming pool!

When I buried my cat last spring in the front yard, I was told I wasn't allowed to dry wash the dirt before I filled her grave back in.. Disrespectful
or some such thing.
However I did have to dig a trench for a new gas line from the tank to the house.. I haven't filled it back in yet since it had been so wet...
That IS getting dry washed when it dries out.

I'll add.. When your yard starts to look like a gravel pit on Google Earth from all the tailings piles.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... That would have been disrespectful Bob. What I find funny is that is that we found gold in our yard in exactly the same way. The trench for the gas line had a layer of gravel in it so of course I had to check it out!

And NH Koi would make for some nasty sushi! It's a carp after all!

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found gold in my old yard in Chandler, AZ...gnat poop, but gold. I used the excuse that I was getting all of the gravel back to the top of our landscape beds and I ran the -30 through my clean up sluice, the blue bowl

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...you keep a shovel, pan and classifier in the back of your car 24/7.

I thought that was kinda standard. I didn't realize I had an addiction ; ) I keep my prospecting pack behind my truck seat and bgt under rear seat. Plus waders extra set of boots and change of clothes, just in case I slip and fall into water. Still waiting for my wife to say something about the pan, classifier, folding shovel and couple other things I stashed in her car. I think she is choosing not to notice them ; )

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold fever in winter gets bad
'Cause minin’ just ain’t to be had.
No pannin’ to do
Gets me feelin’ blue.
This fever’s sure drivin’ me mad!

So how does a miner stay sane
When fever is cookin’ his brain?
Is shoppin’ the way
To get through the day?
Will toys ease the gold-fevered pain?

My shed and my basement are filled.
Will buyin’ more stuff get me killed?
My wife’s said, “Enough!”
But she ain’t so tough . . .
As long as she don’t see we’re billed.

I know of a prospectin’ store
With coils and detectors and more.
So, I’m off to buy,
And then how I’ll try
To sneak them inside the back door.

All the best,

Lanny

Here's a gold minin' video of a smaller placer operation to soothe your fever:

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the fever when, after your Wife finishes vacuuming the floor of your pickup, you dump the bag into you pan and head for the kitchen sink.:occasion14:
Marvin

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You have the fever when, after your Wife finishes vacuuming the floor of your pickup, you dump the bag into you pan and head for the kitchen sink.:occasion14:
Marvin

I would never even let my wife do that!

My vehicle and shop get vac'ed with a freshly cleaned shop vac and then (of course!) I pan out the contents. I always find gold!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
From the Center for Gold Fever Control (CGFC):

The cause of "Gold Fever" has been found at long last! It has been determined that a virus has been found in many areas of the Americas as well as other areas worldwide that grows in a wide range of size groups. It has been given the name of Feverius Metalicus Digimupius Everything from microscopic sized colonies to some weighing in at several pounds have been found. Once a host comes into contact with these colonies, they infect the host with an addiction that rivals the action of many of the most potent drugs. This addiction is much harder to cure than all others out there. The best one can usually hope for is to maintain control on the symptoms by regular infusions of the original virus. In the winter months (or summer ones in the desert areas) when one can not get to their medicine, it is recommended that the afflicted try to maintain contact with the virus by re-cleaning all materials in the hopes of finding at least a tiny amount of the dreaded virus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread