2016 Motherlode Miners Bash official thread

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Diggers and Gold Diggers (the girls :laughing7:)....Here it is. I have secured the location again for this year so now I can start the tread.
We will be holding the bash the same weekend as the ICMJ summit in Placerville the weekend of April 15th The bash will end Sunday as i will be trying to go to the offsite dig on Monday.
Last year was great we got some humble funds to Brandon and several people who know eachother via Tnet got to meet in person. It will be a little more formal this year there will be an outhouse and a release of liability as well as a written rule handout. I am working with the claim host on getting everything they want on paper. There will be a couple specific physical boundaries put in place as well as some signage.One attendee took it upon themselves to explore some private property so i have to tighten things up a bit.
The first qualifacation for an invite will be that you are a tnet member. Second will be a contact an donation (any amount) to a certain awesome free website that helps us all find out a lot of things about the lands we use8-) There will also be the attendance fee's that will cover costs of the porta potty and to the host. Just like last year the extra will go to someone who needs it. It may be Brandon again. But, I may have it go PLF.
As this is essentially a donation I will have reciepts this year for your tax reasons and transperancy. I don't want to create the situation where anyone thinks I'm getting anything out of this other than the chance to help someone who needs it and a chance for us all to spend a few good days together.
We have way more time to plan this year. I really want to clear some overburden and get a big paydirt pile set up do dig from. Its a good spot but, mainly flood layers so it would be nice to do some prep work. I havn't talked to GoldenMojo yet but, I know he will be playing again and I think this year he has a drummer!!!!!
More details to follow please comment with ideas and questions. Pm me if you want. I'm looking forward to hearing from you:headbang:

Mods this is a Bazooka sponsored event I am not asking for funds

Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it vaguely possible that I'll be able to make the drive...going to pencil it in.
This would be epic! Please do this, Im sure everyone would love to meet you including myself.
LOL if it were only as easy as it sounds.. Basically since were down two techs right now everyone is having to work an extra weekend shift they dont want and getting someone to trade is next to impossible. If it were a week day I could easily request it off but the weekends I have to trade. I'm going to have to work two weekends for the wedding trade which means i'll be working 3 weeks straight.. Not looking forward to that one..

If possible I might try to come up in the evening to hang out and meet everyone, I think I could make that happen possibly.

I'm just messing with you brother! Handle your business. Unfortunately most of us don't get to do this for a living so living comes first. When you get some free time hit me up, always have a good time digging with you.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will definately be going one day...I do have to replace a few tools right now:sadsmiley:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Want to make another attempt to attend..last year I missed out.

Should I plan to arrive on Friday, or can we arrive earlier? Only ask
as I hate to make a 2000 mile round trip for just a 3 day stay..8-)

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dizz u let me know what's best for you. If you want to camp you'll be very happy with the spot

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this is concurring with the ICMJ Mining Summit, how many are planning to go to the Summit?

Dan if you want to attend both I'm right there with you. If time allows let's plan it. But I'm gonna put the bash top priority.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd love the opportunity to go work with y'all. I might be able to make it out.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan if you want to attend both I'm right there with you. If time allows let's plan it. But I'm gonna put the bash top priority.
the specific reason I plan it the weekend of the summit is so guys have the chance to stay at the bash site and visit the summit. Its barely 15 -20 minutes to the fairgrounds. carpoolong would be a good idea as it cuts down on parking costs and will help keep multiple vehicles from going in and out of the property that is crossed to get to the bash location.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bring the Hummer, it will seat 7. I'd like to go to the summit, haven't been in a few years. We should line it up for the time Chris Ralph gives his class if he's going to this year. I need his autograph :evil6:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bring the Hummer, it will seat 7. I'd like to go to the summit, haven't been in a few years. We should line it up for the time Chris Ralph gives his class if he's going to this year. I need his autograph :evil6:
me too. i'll have to reinforece my copy before I take it out of the house it's been open and closed a lot

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Reed when I bought Chris Ralphs book I asked for it to be signed before shipping. Ive been doing this on each book that I buy.

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
me too. i'll have to reinforece my copy before I take it out of the house it's been open and closed a lot

I need mine signed too. It is starting to get frayed around the edges a bit. It's less than a month old...

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed when I bought Chris Ralphs book I asked for it to be signed before shipping. Ive been doing this on each book that I buy.

He just lives up the street a bit, we've gotten together a couple times over the years :)

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CARPOOL WITH KEVIN:occasion14:

I would if I could. I think I will be working in Las Vegas the week prior at CinemaCon so I may just drive from there.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would if I could. I think I will be working in Las Vegas the week prior at CinemaCon so I may just drive from there.

Smart since my visit will also be part of a multi stop journey :)

Anyone have suggestions on a place to dry pan a speck of NV gold as I travel southern NV?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread