2016 Motherlode Miners Bash official thread

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Diggers and Gold Diggers (the girls :laughing7:)....Here it is. I have secured the location again for this year so now I can start the tread.
We will be holding the bash the same weekend as the ICMJ summit in Placerville the weekend of April 15th The bash will end Sunday as i will be trying to go to the offsite dig on Monday.
Last year was great we got some humble funds to Brandon and several people who know eachother via Tnet got to meet in person. It will be a little more formal this year there will be an outhouse and a release of liability as well as a written rule handout. I am working with the claim host on getting everything they want on paper. There will be a couple specific physical boundaries put in place as well as some signage.One attendee took it upon themselves to explore some private property so i have to tighten things up a bit.
The first qualifacation for an invite will be that you are a tnet member. Second will be a contact an donation (any amount) to a certain awesome free website that helps us all find out a lot of things about the lands we use8-) There will also be the attendance fee's that will cover costs of the porta potty and to the host. Just like last year the extra will go to someone who needs it. It may be Brandon again. But, I may have it go PLF.
As this is essentially a donation I will have reciepts this year for your tax reasons and transperancy. I don't want to create the situation where anyone thinks I'm getting anything out of this other than the chance to help someone who needs it and a chance for us all to spend a few good days together.
We have way more time to plan this year. I really want to clear some overburden and get a big paydirt pile set up do dig from. Its a good spot but, mainly flood layers so it would be nice to do some prep work. I havn't talked to GoldenMojo yet but, I know he will be playing again and I think this year he has a drummer!!!!!
More details to follow please comment with ideas and questions. Pm me if you want. I'm looking forward to hearing from you:headbang:

Mods this is a Bazooka sponsored event I am not asking for funds

Upvote 0

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
Did I read that the bash was cancelled? What the heck! Why not move the date I for one do not care about the mining show. It would more fun to be with the people from TN. and digging in the dirt. The last 2 years I have bud luck in April trying to get there. Seems to me that a few people have the same problem with that date. Is it possible to move it to May? If not I still like to be part of this years Bash if and when it happens.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I read that the bash was cancelled? What the heck! Why not move the date I for one do not care about the mining show. It would more fun to be with the people from TN. and digging in the dirt. The last 2 years I have bud luck in April trying to get there. Seems to me that a few people have the same problem with that date. Is it possible to move it to May? If not I still like to be part of this years Bash if and when it happens.

I like your thinking

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I move it to May there will be scheduling issues with other people as well. fact is there would be more prospectors in Placerville during the summit. Thats why it was summit weekend before.. There really isnt a better way to get guys a chance to see multiple things if they havn't been to Placerville. Coloma/marshall park. The Summit the bash all in one area on a long weekend......sorry but, there isn't a better weekend.

I will be at the summit and camping either at Todds or on my claim. Anyone who wants to join can pm me. I want to go to some of the seminars and say hello to some people. Then I will be digging. If there was ANY commitment i would have kept it going but, propectors seem to be as commited as a 15 year old boy with two crushes!!!!!

No offense intended people get busy. The reason i try to push attendance and have music and a good dig spot is to raise some funds for the owner and especially some worthy cause. So, far I only can get six to ten who I am 85% will show and they put in logistical and prep work so I feel silly 'Charging" them.

So, I will help get the friends together but, can't justify the effort required to put into a full blown bash and just change dates. I gave earlier notice than I have ever given before so I could make it the best/funnest one yet and it has garnered the least amount of "i will be theres" yet...and also the most 'I can't make it now's"

I'm a busy guy...one of the crew is gonna be having a baby in May and two of us have pregnant wives. I created a window and it will be passing again I'm sorry....
But the bash has crashed.......................

Last edited:

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I move it to May there will be scheduling issues with other people as well. fact is there would be more prospectors in Placerville during the summit. Thats why it was summit weekend before.. There really isnt a better way to get guys a chance to see multiple things if they havn't been to Placerville. Coloma/marshall park. The Summit the bash all in one area on a long weekend......sorry but, there isn't a better weekend.

I will be at the summit and camping either at Todds or on my claim. Anyone who wants to join can pm me. I want to go to some of the seminars and say hello to some people. Then I will be digging. If there was ANY commitment i would have kept it going but, propectors seem to be as commited as a 15 year old boy with two crushes!!!!!

No offense intended people get busy. The reason i try to push attendance and have music and a good dig spot is to raise some funds for the owner and especially some worthy cause. So, far I only can get six to ten who I am 85% will show and they put in logistical and prep work so I feel silly 'Charging" them.

So, I will help get the friends together but, can't justify the effort required to put into a full blown bash and just change dates. I gave earlier notice than I have ever given before so I could make it the best/funnest one yet and it has garnered the least amount of "i will be theres" yet...and also the most 'I can't make it now's"

I'm a busy guy...one of the crew is gonna be having a baby in May and two of us have pregnant wives. I created a window and it will be passing again I'm sorry....
But the bash has crashed.......................

Like a 15 year old boy with 2 crushes!! Ha, I love it.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I appreciate the effort and hope you give it another run some other time...even next year.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the effort and hope you give it another run some other time...even next year.

Hey Kevin that doesn't mean you can't take a roadie to California this summer. I'm sure we could find some dirt to dig ;)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kevin that doesn't mean you can't take a roadie to California this summer. I'm sure we could find some dirt to dig ;)

Very good point! The dreams and schemes begin...

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol.... should have a claim in Yuba county by the time slowpoke sherry makes it up here.

Hey.... I saw that! LOL!!! Yea, the bash dates didn't work out for me either. But I got my prospecting truck now so I should be good to head up soon!

Would love to have a reschedule of the Bash in the next few months!!!!!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher,
Sorry to hear the Bash has Crashed. This year I'm just getting the job started here in SoCal so the bash was a no go for me. The company is still talking about moving to NorCal so if you decide to try again in 2017 I will be in! Thank you for all of your time, energy and effort in tying to pull this together. It will be a lot of fun to put faces with names/handles.....................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread