Say it isnt so GPAA

Mike RB.

May 27, 2013
Dodge City, Ks
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On some level, in this day and age, you do sort of have to respect someone who works this hard to carve out a niche in life.
I too think he's a little over-the-top, but that's just what it takes sometimes. Othewise, you get lost in the crowd.
I also get the feeling he knows A LOT more than he lets onto in his YouTube videos. (?)

I agree, the man has some good information to share, you just have to look past his silly antics.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well if he was demolitions that would explain a LOT!!!!

Hey Golden with a little luck you might be able to talk him into doing your next blast.....

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first got into this new hobby, my internet surfing brought me to some of his videos.
Yes, some are just corny. But I have seen of Mr. Williams when the character is dropped and he starts going off on Geology and a whole lot more. The Man knows his stuff for sure.

Plus he has the balls to make up a character, build up a YouTube following, and really start to do some serious directing and writing etc. all the while becoming a solid figure in the prospecting/mining world - albeit for kids...

And he now does not have to work for someone else (I don't think anyway) and making a living on his own terms while revolved around what we all love to do. Hunting for Gold.

How can you knock that :dontknow:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I first got into this new hobby, my internet surfing brought me to some of his videos.
Yes, some are just corny. But I have seen of Mr. Williams when the character is dropped and he starts going off on Geology
and a whole lot more. The Man knows his stuff for sure.

Plus he has the balls to make up a character, build up a YouTube following, and really start to do some serious directing and
writing etc. all the while becoming a solid figure in the prospecting/mining world - albeit for kids...

And he now does not have to work for someone else (I don't think anyway) and making a living on his own terms while
revolved around what we all love to do. Hunting for Gold.

How can you knock that :dontknow:

What he said! :icon_thumright:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lasted maybe 15 Seconds

At first I thought he was Tom Massie. I had to double check you said Jeff Williams.

I used to hate when Tom got Hyper like that.
sorry I'm not one of his daughters when they were 7 years old.
it just doesn't make me sit back & giggle til I pee.

I'm still waiting for them to announce this years East coast Shows.
They promised the announcement would be made before the end of 2015
but it never came :( although I'll probably be disappointed when they do & forget PA again :(

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I made it 7 seconds. Had stumbled into other videos by him, made it just about the same amount of time.

GPAA has nothing for the East Coast.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea perhaps there is bickering :dontknow:

Last years September 24, 2015 West coast Announcement said "Stay tuned for announcement of East Coast events before the end of 2015."
Gold & Treasure Shows Unveiled

Now their January 29, 2016 announcement is changed to "Also, stay tuned for the announcement of the GPAA’s East Coast Gold & Treasure Shows."

Gold Shows set to begin in February

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Jeff Williams might be related to Robin Williams. :laughing7:

I have to admit that I like his informational videos, even though the delivery can be a little over the top. He actually seems to have quite a bit of knowledge to share and I'm a sucker for anything prospecting or mining related on the Uewtoooob.
HEY!!! That's NOT FAIR!!

Robyn Williams is talented!!!:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::laughing7::laughing7:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If anyone had any doubts that small miners are goobers Jeff Williams is doing his best to clear that up. :BangHead:

One man figures a way to make a living acting like a fool and a whole profession suffers. I'm not seeing how this is a good thing?

Heavy Pans

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just watch so long then I have to put in the minions video for some real laffs , Just saying , this is to much of a sience and geolical discovery for me to be intriuged by his video's . That being said he is deffinately a smart man , and I seen a cool little two stroke rock crusher he had in one of his video's that intrigued me . But OH NO MR Bill , I just can't , I'll take Tom Massie any time over that .:BangHead:

Last edited:

Gold Cube

Feb 20, 2011
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Might as well chime in,
Jeff is a very intelligent miner who also realizes that there had better be some entertainment value as well. You can't argue with the fact that we all know or have at least seen 7 secs of Jeff Williams? The truth is, any occupation that requires effort is dying off because kids all think computers are the way to go. We need to find our replacements! If we don't get the attention of the younger crowd and we all die off, any rights or regs will be a moot point. So what if you have a hard time watching him or Tom Massey, they make it look like this "might" be something I might want to try someday. Otherwise there may never be the exposure to mining except on discovery. These You Tubers are creating a "what if" and a "I want to do it" It's hard for us to watch but if you do, you just might learn something you didn't know. If you know more than they do, you need to quit keeping it a secret! Our numbers are getting smaller, let them reach out for new blood. My hat is off to anybody wanting to teach and open possibilities. Mike

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone had any doubts that small miners are goobers Jeff Williams is doing his best to clear that up. :BangHead:

One man figures a way to make a living acting like a fool and a whole profession suffers. I'm not seeing how this is a good thing?

Heavy Pans

I am shocked! "Profession?" I don't see "Small Miners" as Jeff's target audience. I see his audience as greenhorn "recreational miners" for the most part. Wouldn't new blood help businesses like yours Barry? How is Jeff's "character" any more hurtful to gold mining than the typical trailer trash type with a scraggley beard, overalls, and a Minelab GPX 5000?

T

Tuolumne

he reads the room and if you dont like the videos his radio show interviews more tones down.
Goldradiotalk | Showreel | Mixlr

Goldradiotalk: Ask Jeff Williams & Slim
Tues 29 Dec 2015

Goldradiotalk: Ask Jeff Williams
Tues 07 Apr 2015

or this video he doesnt even talk.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometime its good to not take ourselves so dam serious.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff's videos are a library of knowledge, especially for people just getting started. I refer as many people as I can to his earlier work with the warning that some of it is presented in a fairly corny, but fun, manner.

He's a genuinely good person, doing something he loves, in a way he loves to do it. If he were trying to be cool and popular with the secretive, hardcore, professional miners, he certainly wouldn't be making Star Trek references and teaching classrooms full of kids to pan. Kids love his character and that's a very good thing for all of us.

My only gripe is the "you know what I'm gonna say, so I don't have to say it!!! But I'm gonna say it anyway!!!" thing that happens several times in each video. We know, Jeff! [emoji12]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread