Say it isnt so GPAA - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Say it isnt so GPAA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Husband, father & fun seeker

Jul 2015
    utah
    933 times
    Prospecting
    Yes he may be goofy, but they are about the only prospecting videos that can keep my 8 year old son interested thru the whole video. Me, i can watch some one dig and run sluice for hours. The only problem is that "COME ON LETS GO" has become a common saying.

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Thought it was going to be a crappy day, your pics changed that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    Hmmm... I've probably made more from dredging even in the past then many simple prospectors with their hand tools put together. You figure 100oz of fines for every ounce of nuggets in my area, what would that come up with from this pick in the blue pan of some dredge nuggets? We still dredge, just not here in this state. In the upper right off of the paper plate pic is 2oz of micro fines that can't be seen with the naked eye, then it shows some of them in the green pan. Looks like dirt but it's fine powder gold from here in my old channel. The copper pan is stuff that I donated to the cause back in the day. I still remember throwing a pan when I only got ¼oz an hour that day. I have friends still making 3 ounces plus an hour every day so do the math

Attachment 1267689Attachment 1267690Attachment 1267691Attachment 1267692Attachment 1267699Attachment 1267700
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us
    Aug 2015
    South Florida
    Garrett GTI-2500
    1144 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by utah mason View Post
    Yes he may be goofy, but they are about the only prospecting videos that can keep my 8 year old son interested thru the whole video. Me, i can watch some one dig and run sluice for hours. The only problem is that "COME ON LETS GO" has become a common saying.
    Then let's hope Nickelodeon doesn't come out with an episode of Dora the Explorer metal detecting!
    In addition to potentially corrupting your 8-year old, I think it might very well destroy the hobby for me!
    lastleg likes this.

us
    Aug 2015
    new england
    ace 250
    94 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I think Jeff is pretty darn funny!! I have watched a bunch of his videos-- he sure is goofy-- but when your bored out of your gourd --what are you going to do. When the ground is frozen, or detector or mode of transportation is on the fritz, so come on lets go --watch some videos.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6155 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    He was a demolitions guy in the Army, and has a degree in Geology. I think he needs to cut back on the coffee and Orange Sunshine, but he knows his stuff.
    Well if he was demolitions that would explain a LOT!!!!
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

May 2013
    Dodge City, Ks
    Spectrum XLT, Gold Bug 2
    40 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    On some level, in this day and age, you do sort of have to respect someone who works this hard to carve out a niche in life.
    I too think he's a little over-the-top, but that's just what it takes sometimes. Othewise, you get lost in the crowd.
    I also get the feeling he knows A LOT more than he lets onto in his YouTube videos. (?)
    I agree, the man has some good information to share, you just have to look past his silly antics.
    Aufisher likes this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4447 times
    Just another Tom Massie wannabe

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4707 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenIrishman View Post
    Well if he was demolitions that would explain a LOT!!!!
    Hey Golden with a little luck you might be able to talk him into doing your next blast.....
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Gbonus Uralias

Dec 2014
    Ventura Ca
    Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil. Minelab Xterra 705, Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30"). Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats. Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
    942 times
    When I first got into this new hobby, my internet surfing brought me to some of his videos.
    Yes, some are just corny. But I have seen of Mr. Williams when the character is dropped and he starts going off on Geology and a whole lot more. The Man knows his stuff for sure.

Plus he has the balls to make up a character, build up a YouTube following, and really start to do some serious directing and writing etc. all the while becoming a solid figure in the prospecting/mining world - albeit for kids...

And he now does not have to work for someone else (I don't think anyway) and making a living on his own terms while revolved around what we all love to do. Hunting for Gold.

How can you knock that

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4447 times
    probly so !! but I still don't like it even when Tom Massie does it . They don't need to act like that especially with this topic !
    lastleg likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5934 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    When I first got into this new hobby, my internet surfing brought me to some of his videos.
    Yes, some are just corny. But I have seen of Mr. Williams when the character is dropped and he starts going off on Geology
    and a whole lot more. The Man knows his stuff for sure.

Plus he has the balls to make up a character, build up a YouTube following, and really start to do some serious directing and
    writing etc. all the while becoming a solid figure in the prospecting/mining world - albeit for kids...

And he now does not have to work for someone else (I don't think anyway) and making a living on his own terms while
    revolved around what we all love to do. Hunting for Gold.

How can you knock that

What he said!
    Goldwasher, Aufisher and Jeff95531 like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    33550 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I lasted maybe 15 Seconds

At first I thought he was Tom Massie. I had to double check you said Jeff Williams.

I used to hate when Tom got Hyper like that.
    sorry I'm not one of his daughters when they were 7 years old.
    it just doesn't make me sit back & giggle til I pee.

I'm still waiting for them to announce this years East coast Shows.
    They promised the announcement would be made before the end of 2015
    but it never came although I'll probably be disappointed when they do & forget PA again
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Feb 03, 2016 at 05:33 AM.
    Reed Lukens and wildminer like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17978 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I made it 7 seconds. Had stumbled into other videos by him, made it just about the same amount of time.

GPAA has nothing for the East Coast.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    33550 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    yea perhaps there is bickering

Last years September 24, 2015 West coast Announcement said "Stay tuned for announcement of East Coast events before the end of 2015."
    Gold & Treasure Shows Unveiled

Now their January 29, 2016 announcement is changed to "Also, stay tuned for the announcement of the GPAA’s East Coast Gold & Treasure Shows."

Gold Shows set to begin in February
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2789 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbar View Post
    I think Jeff Williams might be related to Robin Williams.

I have to admit that I like his informational videos, even though the delivery can be a little over the top. He actually seems to have quite a bit of knowledge to share and I'm a sucker for anything prospecting or mining related on the Uewtoooob.
    HEY!!! That's NOT FAIR!!

Robyn Williams is talented!!!
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links