Say it isnt so GPAA - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Say it isnt so GPAA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2011
    184 times
    Trust me, the dude is no Robin Williams. Robin Williams had class.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10249 times
    Prospecting
    If anyone had any doubts that small miners are goobers Jeff Williams is doing his best to clear that up.

One man figures a way to make a living acting like a fool and a whole profession suffers. I'm not seeing how this is a good thing?

Heavy Pans

us
    Jun 2013
    SE South Dakota
    AT Pro, CZ5, Tesero
    92 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Live and let live....
    Today's the Day-----Mel Fisher

us
    Scott

Dec 2015
    RI
    XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
    499 times
    I can just watch so long then I have to put in the minions video for some real laffs , Just saying , this is to much of a sience and geolical discovery for me to be intriuged by his video's . That being said he is deffinately a smart man , and I seen a cool little two stroke rock crusher he had in one of his video's that intrigued me . But OH NO MR Bill , I just can't , I'll take Tom Massie any time over that .
    Last edited by motohed; Feb 04, 2016 at 06:25 AM.

us
    Mike

Feb 2011
    Midwest City, Oklahoma
    Whites MXT
    97 times
    Might as well chime in,
    Jeff is a very intelligent miner who also realizes that there had better be some entertainment value as well. You can't argue with the fact that we all know or have at least seen 7 secs of Jeff Williams? The truth is, any occupation that requires effort is dying off because kids all think computers are the way to go. We need to find our replacements! If we don't get the attention of the younger crowd and we all die off, any rights or regs will be a moot point. So what if you have a hard time watching him or Tom Massey, they make it look like this "might" be something I might want to try someday. Otherwise there may never be the exposure to mining except on discovery. These You Tubers are creating a "what if" and a "I want to do it" It's hard for us to watch but if you do, you just might learn something you didn't know. If you know more than they do, you need to quit keeping it a secret! Our numbers are getting smaller, let them reach out for new blood. My hat is off to anybody wanting to teach and open possibilities. Mike

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22718 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    If anyone had any doubts that small miners are goobers Jeff Williams is doing his best to clear that up.

One man figures a way to make a living acting like a fool and a whole profession suffers. I'm not seeing how this is a good thing?

Heavy Pans
    I am shocked! "Profession?" I don't see "Small Miners" as Jeff's target audience. I see his audience as greenhorn "recreational miners" for the most part. Wouldn't new blood help businesses like yours Barry? How is Jeff's "character" any more hurtful to gold mining than the typical trailer trash type with a scraggley beard, overalls, and a Minelab GPX 5000?

Tuolumne
    he reads the room and if you dont like the videos his radio show interviews more tones down.
    Goldradiotalk | Showreel | Mixlr

Goldradiotalk: Ask Jeff Williams & Slim
    Tues 29 Dec 2015

Goldradiotalk: Ask Jeff Williams
    Tues 07 Apr 2015

or this video he doesnt even talk.....

Last edited by Tuolumne; Feb 04, 2016 at 12:05 PM.
    motohed and Rockwerx like this.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3775 times
    sometime its good to not take ourselves so dam serious.
    Asmbandits and Terry Soloman like this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Aug 2014
    SoCal
    SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
    394 times
    Prospecting
    Jeff's videos are a library of knowledge, especially for people just getting started. I refer as many people as I can to his earlier work with the warning that some of it is presented in a fairly corny, but fun, manner.

He's a genuinely good person, doing something he loves, in a way he loves to do it. If he were trying to be cool and popular with the secretive, hardcore, professional miners, he certainly wouldn't be making Star Trek references and teaching classrooms full of kids to pan. Kids love his character and that's a very good thing for all of us.

My only gripe is the "you know what I'm gonna say, so I don't have to say it!!! But I'm gonna say it anyway!!!" thing that happens several times in each video. We know, Jeff!

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4092 times
    Prospecting
    Well I watched it, liked it AND want the book. You know you have gold fever when...
    Prospector Paul likes this.
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10580 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    sometime its good to not take ourselves so dam serious.
    Well said!
    PS Red Wilcox of gold cube fame made a whole Gold Men movie! It's painfully funny and I think you can buy the DVD thru the gold cube website

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3775 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Well said!
    PS Red Wilcox of gold cube fame made a whole Gold Men movie! It's painfully funny and I think you can buy the DVD thru the gold cube website
    couldn't find it on the Gold Cube or Gold-n-sand site found that it has its own site Gold Men the Movie
    bobw53 and KevinInColorado like this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Scott

Dec 2015
    RI
    499 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    I am shocked! "Profession?" I don't see "Small Miners" as Jeff's target audience. I see his audience as greenhorn "recreational miners" for the most part. Wouldn't new blood help businesses like yours Barry? How is Jeff's "character" any more hurtful to gold mining than the typical trailer trash type with a scraggley beard, overalls, and a Minelab GPX 5000?
    I think all recreational miners would aspire to be real Gold miners given the chance , I feel this has become like hunters , using different equipment . Yes they use different equipment , so be it , united we stand and devided we fall . I mean no disrespect , just using the adage as an example . I'm sure we could find many more . We all need to prmote the mining industry as a whole .

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22718 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by motohed View Post
    I think all recreational miners would aspire to be real Gold miners given the chance , I feel this has become like hunters , using different equipment . Yes they use different equipment , so be it , united we stand and devided we fall . I mean no disrespect , just using the adage as an example . I'm sure we could find many more . We all need to prmote the mining industry as a whole .
    I think you are wrong, based on a decade of teaching greenhorns how to placer mine. I think for the vast majority it is a "Bucket List," or once in a lifetime "adventure." But that is a whole different thread!

us
    Scott

Dec 2015
    RI
    499 times
    I think you missed the point Terry . Just saying ,we are all on the same side , no matter what we are striving for , I will be in the corner , your corner if need be , to protect are rights to mine . Your rights to mine , I may be a small miner but , I have a vote that will count if need be , and I'm sure the rest will be right there with me to fight ,the fight , you will be fighting for . Again no disrespect , if anythting , it's admeration for what you believe .
    Terry Soloman likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links