Say it isnt so GPAA

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am shocked! "Profession?" I don't see "Small Miners" as Jeff's target audience. I see his audience as greenhorn "recreational miners" for the most part. Wouldn't new blood help businesses like yours Barry? How is Jeff's "character" any more hurtful to gold mining than the typical trailer trash type with a scraggley beard, overalls, and a Minelab GPX 5000?

I think all recreational miners would aspire to be real Gold miners given the chance , I feel this has become like hunters , using different equipment . Yes they use different equipment , so be it , united we stand and devided we fall . I mean no disrespect , just using the adage as an example . I'm sure we could find many more . We all need to prmote the mining industry as a whole .

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think all recreational miners would aspire to be real Gold miners given the chance , I feel this has become like hunters , using different equipment . Yes they use different equipment , so be it , united we stand and devided we fall . I mean no disrespect , just using the adage as an example . I'm sure we could find many more . We all need to prmote the mining industry as a whole .

I think you are wrong, based on a decade of teaching greenhorns how to placer mine. I think for the vast majority it is a "Bucket List," or once in a lifetime "adventure." But that is a whole different thread! :skullflag:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you missed the point Terry . Just saying ,we are all on the same side , no matter what we are striving for , I will be in the corner , your corner if need be , to protect are rights to mine . Your rights to mine , I may be a small miner but , I have a vote that will count if need be , and I'm sure the rest will be right there with me to fight ,the fight , you will be fighting for . Again no disrespect , if anythting , it's admeration for what you believe .

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Support PLP support AMRA support GPAA and the rest of them.. YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!! Let me know how your dredging is coming along!! Suckers!!

First thread, first click- Same o'l same o'l, guess I didn't give it enough time.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After reading through this thread, all I can say is who needs the eco freaks attacking what we love. We seem to do a well enough job on our own.

Remind me to not post any videos on any of the equipment I build or techniques on how to use it.

Prospector Paul

Greenie
Aug 5, 2019
California, U.S.
Detector(s) used
Deep gold detectors I've designed
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff Williams definitely has a lot of energy & enthusiasm. It took me awhile to get used to it but well worth it. He knows his geology. One of my favorite YouTube channels lately.

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff Williams definitely has a lot of energy & enthusiasm. It took me awhile to get used to it but well worth it. He knows his geology. One of my favorite YouTube channels lately.

I've recently been in a couple of his videos. He came out to our mine and filmed, as well as doing a couple of "mine exploring" videos. My experience is that he and his wife Lila are lovely people. His desire to share his knowledge, and love of mining and geology, is absolutely genuine. He spent a couple of hours in our mine explaining the geology, how the blasting was accomplished, how we could process the ore, etc. He didn't hold back any secrets that I could tell. The only issue I had was that I couldn't absorb all the information he was sharing.

Joanne

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread