Say it isnt so GPAA

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If his sleeves were only 18" longer one could make perhaps the first leather fringed straight jacket..........

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped the video after 8 seconds. Anyone who watched the whole thing must enjoy torture.

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think Jeff Williams might be related to Robin Williams. :laughing7:

I have to admit that I like his informational videos, even though the delivery can be a little over the top. He actually seems to have quite a bit of knowledge to share and I'm a sucker for anything prospecting or mining related on the Uewtoooob.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I just don't know what to say--- he's trying to be a character actor -- but I'm not sure what character

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Support PLP support AMRA support GPAA and the rest of them.. YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!! Let me know how your dredging is coming along!! Suckers!!

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was almost painful to watch! I'll be going to the show but NOT to see him!

On some level, in this day and age, you do sort of have to respect someone who works this hard to carve out a niche in life.
I too think he's a little over-the-top, but that's just what it takes sometimes. Othewise, you get lost in the crowd.
I also get the feeling he knows A LOT more than he lets onto in his YouTube videos. (?)

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, his videos are a bit "over the top", but that's his shtick. I've met him in person and he's a nice guy. He is very helpful and very open with giving out information.

Joanne

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On some level, in this day and age, you do sort of have to respect someone who works this hard to carve out a niche in life.
I too think he's a little over-the-top, but that's just what it takes sometimes. Othewise, you get lost in the crowd.
I also get the feeling he knows A LOT more than he lets onto in his YouTube videos. (?)

More and more people today earn their wage off of exploiting people.. You say NICHE I SCREAM CON!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He was a demolitions guy in the Army, and has a degree in Geology. I think he needs to cut back on the coffee and Orange Sunshine, but he knows his stuff.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man thats almost as bad as watching Tom Massie. But, really they are just being goofballs and enjoying themselves no biggie. Seems like he just wants to spread boring basic knowledge in a non boring way.I like people that don't take themselves so seriously and do what they do in an attempt to entertain people sharing knowledge is a bonus. I bet it actually helps some people remember that stuff. " hey, remember the time Jeff Williams was jumping from rock to rock talking about low pressure eddies" atleast he's not making it a point to remind everyone watching or reading how stupid they are for having an interest or just trying to prospect some. I'm sure he has inspired some beginners and helped them in some way. EVERYONE has to start somewhere.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Support PLP support AMRA support GPAA and the rest of them.. YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!! Let me know how your dredging is coming along!! Suckers!!

Hmmm... I've probably made more from dredging even in the past then many simple prospectors with their hand tools put together. You figure 100oz of fines for every ounce of nuggets in my area, what would that come up with from this pick in the blue pan of some dredge nuggets? We still dredge, just not here in this state. In the upper right off of the paper plate pic is 2oz of micro fines that can't be seen with the naked eye, then it shows some of them in the green pan. Looks like dirt but it's fine powder gold from here in my old channel. The copper pan is stuff that I donated to the cause back in the day. I still remember throwing a pan when I only got ¼oz an hour that day. I have friends still making 3 ounces plus an hour every day so do the math :evil6:

Gold 2004 002.jpg Gold 2004 005.jpg DSC00304.JPG gold 001.jpg DSC00302.jpg Gold 011.jpg

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes he may be goofy, but they are about the only prospecting videos that can keep my 8 year old son interested thru the whole video. Me, i can watch some one dig and run sluice for hours. The only problem is that "COME ON LETS GO" has become a common saying.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought it was going to be a crappy day, your pics changed that. Thanks:occasion14:

Hmmm... I've probably made more from dredging even in the past then many simple prospectors with their hand tools put together. You figure 100oz of fines for every ounce of nuggets in my area, what would that come up with from this pick in the blue pan of some dredge nuggets? We still dredge, just not here in this state. In the upper right off of the paper plate pic is 2oz of micro fines that can't be seen with the naked eye, then it shows some of them in the green pan. Looks like dirt but it's fine powder gold from here in my old channel. The copper pan is stuff that I donated to the cause back in the day. I still remember throwing a pan when I only got ¼oz an hour that day. I have friends still making 3 ounces plus an hour every day so do the math :evil6:

View attachment 1267689 View attachment 1267690 View attachment 1267691 View attachment 1267692 View attachment 1267699 View attachment 1267700

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes he may be goofy, but they are about the only prospecting videos that can keep my 8 year old son interested thru the whole video. Me, i can watch some one dig and run sluice for hours. The only problem is that "COME ON LETS GO" has become a common saying.

Then let's hope Nickelodeon doesn't come out with an episode of Dora the Explorer metal detecting!
In addition to potentially corrupting your 8-year old, I think it might very well destroy the hobby for me! :BangHead:

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Jeff is pretty darn funny!! I have watched a bunch of his videos-- he sure is goofy-- but when your bored out of your gourd --what are you going to do. When the ground is frozen, or detector or mode of transportation is on the fritz, so come on lets go --watch some videos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread