Land access question (Weyerhaeuser roads to access GPNF lands)

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some research on a rumored lost mine and stumbled onto an interesting fact. A certain area I know there is good gold which I always thought was out of bounds is actually within the GPNF and is unclaimed. Now the problem is the only roads in there are controlled by Weyerhaeuser who has closed all they're gates and is now charging around $200 annual permit fee to use they're roads with limited access for a few months a year.

Now I seam to recall that companies like that must allow use of they're roads to access mining claims. Is that correct? Or do I have to pay them to grant me access to my new (theoretical) claim?

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R if the gates are on private property , you probably are going to have to get out your checkbook. Check out ownership status of the land in question. Good luck man

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would walk into their office for that area with your map and show them where you want to go and what you are doing (just passing through) and they may just give you a pass. I have gotten a free pass to cut firewood on an out of the way piece of Weyerhauser land a year ago.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be able to check local and county office to find out who the land owners really are . Sometime the logging industries , just lease the land for timber harvest . The owner may be able to get you through to the potentcial claim .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread