Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
So there she was hiding in the corner behind some big boxes ( like a nugget hiding in a stream )
I asked what's the story on that motor -- he said it's an old 2 stroke water pump that has not been used in years.
I asked does it work -- well I think it did when I put it away -- how much -- 30.00 and it's yours -- SOLD.
Did not even try to talk him down.
Got it home hit it with some starter fluid and fresh gas --- it smoked real bad and would not stay running past the starter fluid. Carb comes apart nice and clean but very oily -- I've seen the before he put 2 stoke oil and gas in a 4 stroke.
Fixed and runs like a Honda now.
So treasure come in all forms shapes and sizes.
PS this pump should pay for it's self fast ( 1 gram ) once I hook it up to the high banker or recirc I'm about to build
wx_15.jpg

Upvote 0

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you know how I felt when I walked a thrift store and spotted a Keene drywasher blower. Walking around,... what's tha... hey that looks lik,... HOLY CRAAAP!

I think only 2 small hispanic ladies were injured in my rush to the shelf.

I don't recall, $40 or $50. I scoured that place looking for the drywasher to no avail.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a roommate that tried to build a cheap pontoon boat using foam core or styrofoam but never finished it while I lived there... I always teased him that if he didn't hurry up I was going to try and turn it into a dredge. I should give him a call maybe one of us could use it if he never finished it:)

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a roommate that tried to build a cheap pontoon boat using foam core or styrofoam but never finished it while I lived there... I always teased him that if he didn't hurry up I was going to try and turn it into a dredge. I should give him a call maybe one of us could use it if he never finished it:)

you could likely convince him to sell it to you. CA letting you actually use it? IDK :dontknow:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! I guess the oil (in the gas) kept things from getting corroded or varnished while it sat for years - probably not a bad thing that it was there. Those are beautiful motors and about the only thing that can harm that pump is running dry for a long time or putting it away full of water and allowing it to freeze (won't tell you why I know this to be true - LOL).

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find! I guess the oil (in the gas) kept things from getting corroded or varnished while it sat for years - probably not a bad thing that it was there. Those are beautiful motors and about the only thing that can harm that pump is running dry for a long time or putting it away full of water and allowing it to freeze (won't tell you why I know this to be true - LOL).

First LOL of the day. Thanks! :thumbsup:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be careful with the starting fluid , little gas engines don't last long with that stuff . I tend to use a little wd-40 or some carb and choke cleaner , even a little gas in a spray bottle . Starting fluid washes the cylinder dry very quickly and it take a while for any oil to adhere to the cylinder afterward .

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed, nice score! I would not sell my Takoda (?) mortor/pump combo for any price - I've got plans for them!!!!.......................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread