Pretty much skunked on a prospecting trip.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospecting is like fishing and hunting , some times you win , sometime you lose . But it is a lot more work . LOL

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It happens to all of us. Sometimes, we are like gamblers who only talk about the times we win and it makes others try to do the same. I liked your video and your energy. But at least you weren't completely skunked and got a little bit of gold with your prospecting, which is both finding where the gold is at and where it isn't. By the way, did you drink that beer? LOL

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel like I've been shopping with my ex-wife for the last seven-minutes. Lot's of yacking and nothing for me.. :dontknow:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Skunked ? No, you learned some important things, first is that the Everett water shed does not allow mining on there properties or should I say they don't allow you to carry mining equipment over there land and that is the key. The sultan river is open to mining, I have been mining it since 1993 and in fact while you were making your video by that sign I was mining not to far from you. If you really want to mine the Sultan river join the WPMA, they have claims on the river and the guy's in the club will help you. Check them out at there gold show in Monroe a week from this coming weekend. Feb. 20th and 21st. Second lesson I saw was don't mine a strait section on a river, it is a shoot when flooding occurs, you should know to mine the inside bends on a river for best gold recovery. I did not recognize that river, there are only 3 good gold producing rivers to mine around the Sultan some better than others, 2 you know the third is my secret.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would'nt call it , totally scunked , you atleast found where the Gold was'nt .

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would'nt call it , totally scunked , you atleast found where the Gold was'nt .

Ha, ha! That's a good one.:)

It's like having a perfect record buying lottery tickets; 100% accurate at always buying the losing ticket!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread