A different kind of treasure athe the AMRA outing on Singles Awareness Day..

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I had the pleasure of being young and single on valentines day in the Glorious Golden Sunshine of Central California. So I took a drive to the AMRA outing "just outside" of Coulterville in the middle of nowhere. Pretty nice area in all honesty, especially with all the rain and snow we've had! Green rolling hills and beautiful scenery all the way in :hello2: If all that's not enough.. it gets better!

While I did arrive a little later(i.e 1130am) than the 900am start time, I apparently chose the right day as the Meadows weren't too crowded. The storm had come on Saturday so people didn't upset their significant others. Wise move Gentlemen. A couple(aroun 6-7) trailers and AMRAs popup tent and raffle table greeted me as I pulled into the parking lot. Making my over to the table, Shannon was engaged in conversation with a couple over the raffle and prizes. *Bends an ear in that direction* As this is my first AMRA outing ever, I'm just taking it all in, people around camp chit chatting by fires, equipment stacked up and ready for the packing, engines in the background as people run high bankers and mini trommel/bankers. Ahhhh. A nice little mining camp to fill any miners thirst! On to the tickets.. because indeed... That is why I came isn't it!? They were raffling off a claim for heavens sakes! Can't pass that up! OH, and tickets are a dollar a piece!? I'll take 60.

Thus the waiting game begins.

I take my stash of tickets back to my van, grab my gear, and take it to a spot I thought might be kinda easy to do some quick work on. The downside river of a tree that was also at the end of a nice gravel bar. *shrug* why not. After tinkering with my sluice, a keene a52(removed riffles, kept in 1/2" expanded metal, with a 1/8th punch plate over the top, slighty raised off), and doing some digging and classifying, I ran about 3 half buckets of material, and while I could see some flakes in my indicator mat, it was nothing to write home about.. but then again.. neither is 3 - .5 bucks of material :laughing7:. Still have yet to pan it out, will probably do that tomorrow.

By this time the raffle had started, which apparently they started at 2, and not 3, so i missed the first 15min :(. Well.. They usually save the best for last right!? RIght! Just so happens they still had not only two memberships left, a 10/22 AR style rifle, but also the Claim! Woo hoo! Settled into the crowd and waited my chances.. Up next was a hatchet. Some lucky winner. After that, a membership to AMRA. The lady stirs her hand in the jug that holds the tickets, pulls on out, and reads, 8675309. Look down at mine, 8675309. Wait. What?! REALLY!?! And just like that... A new addition to the AMRA family(for a year at least :laughing7: )! Woo hoo!! It makes it even kind of sweeter as I've been debating on whether or not to throw down on the $200 for the past couple months. Definitely saved me the $$ as I would have probably ended up buying one soon after the outing anyway! Everyone was very friendly and personable, struck up a couple conversations with a fellow named Charles(shout out if your a tNet member dude! didnt talk about that), Mike(hes a member, dont remember the name, but we talked near a huge whole at the end of the day!), and Bobby Alquist, whos name i didnt realize at the time, whos one of the owners of Alquist Arms in Turlockf. Hinted that the other side of the river might prove more profitable for me, so thanks for that tip!

And of course the other gold membership had to be given away! And what better way than to do it with a coin toss competition! You see, a board member had the winning ticket. So, anyone who did not currently have an AMRA membership, was eligible to play. Roughly 10 people step up. Rules.. For heads, place your hand on your head. Tales, place your hand on your butt! Comes down to two gentlemen, back to back. Both place their hand on their butt. Tails. Perfect. Both stay in. 2nd round. Both place their hand on their butt. :icon_scratch: Uh oh. Flip. Heads! THEY BOTH LOSE!! AHHHH!! Just kidding. ROCK PAPER SCISSORS BOYS!! Back to back i might add :laughing7: One throws rock, one throw paper... PHEW! Congrats sir!

And the Claim went to one lucky Gentlemen today! Congrats to you sir! :hello2:

All in all a great Singles Awareness Day... I was going to finish it off with a trip to the movie theater to see Deadpool.... But Wow. Its packed with all the love birds!

A huge thanks to AMRA for putting on a great outing, being a great addition to the mining community, and doing all you do to support those who call themselves miners!

:icon_sunny:

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was your ticket number really 8675309?.........cool story glad you had a good time.

OP
OP
S

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Washer definitely wins best comment XD.

No, no it was not, I wouldn't be able to remember that sort of thing so I threw that in there for the good laughs :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread