Is the LR2000 down?

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its been down since friday, I heard Todd was going to be mining in Oregon so I wanted to search for 316 mining.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
its been down since friday, I heard Todd was going to be mining in Oregon so I wanted to search for 316 mining.

Well, there goes the neighborhood... It will be interesting to see if he can drag Big Red down to Oregon when we cant even float a dredge

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LR2000 has been down since Friday. We didn't get any notice from the BLM but they are pretty lax about sending out the user emails when they should. It looks like the main server is still operating in Denver so we will be putting out claims updates as soon as they are posted on that server.

The 316 Mining claim was closed last year. Todd might be having lunch with the producers? ???

You can search the same info as LR2000 on the Land Matters Claims maps. The data found there is current as of the first of February.

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are in regular touch with the BLM offices. Here's their response to our question about the LR2000 status a few hours ago.

The public LR2000 reports are currently down. The developers are working on the issue.
I will let you know when the system is back up.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

The main BLM data servers are still up and running. They just now finished the bi monthly extraction so we will be updating the Land Matters Claims Maps soon - possibly before the LR2000 is back up. :thumbsup:

We keep a full backup of the LR2000 data locally. If the LR2000 ever went away for good Land Matters could potentially perform the same function.

Heavy Pans

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a feeling that the long weekend didn't help matters either. You know how the government hates to pay overtime!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya' your right I'm sure they have their own backbone and IPX access point, just having a blond moment :laughing7:
since its the government we'll probably never the real reason it's down.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's OK Winners, blonde looks good on you. :laughing7:

I think we already have some usable information on why that particular server is down. In the email reply I got today:

The public LR2000 reports are currently down. The developers are working on the issue.
I will let you know when the system is back up.

We know:
1 The reports are down. In other words the outage is limited to the LR2000 reporting function itself - not hardware related.
2. The developers are working on the issue. Developers work on new software - not old software or hardware. "Issue" indicates the new software is not working as expected.
3. I will let you know when the system is back up. It is the system that is not functioning and it's local enough that the sender of that email (Land and Resources Project Office) will know when that software system functions as it should.

Translation - New software is being installed in one part of the server and when that new software "issue" is resolved the server software will be available to the public again.

That certainly isn't the whole story but it's enough to know what kind of problem the LR2000 is having. These server and database software upgrades are usually scheduled for long weekends when the government offices aren't using the systems. If you really want to know what the specific software upgrade is you will probably need to find the contract award for the outside software developer or make a friend on the "inside". Server operators don't share specific information about the internal workings of their systems for security reasons.

Heavy Pans

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hopefully it comes back up today....I was wanting to check on a spot for this weekend!

Au-N-Rod

Mar 5, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check it out on Land Matters. It has info as current as LR2000 as far as being active .

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I used landmatters and geocommunicator but was hoping lr2000 would be more up to date. I'm still new to locating claims though. What information do you need to have (call in?) to check exact location/status of claims?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The LR2000 is still down as it has been for the last six days. The main Denver BLM data servers are still operating and they did update with the latest extraction. They were a bit late putting that together so we've been working to get that information to you as soon as possible.

The new BLM active claims map update is being loaded up to the Land Matters servers as I write this. :thumbsup:

Now we are in the curious situation where Land Matters has more current BLM claims information than the LR2000 or any other source on the internet.

Heavy Pans

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its back up, found one glitch when doing a geo report it has the current claim name,
click it brings up an older claim with a different name filed by the same person over the same spot.
maybe they used the same claim Number and I ran it for open & closed claims?
its also telling me it needs a Hyperion plugin but that would have to come from Oracle for the browser.

(edit) I was clicking on the "lead file" column, instead of the "serial num."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread