Anyone with intent?

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Myself I am planning on working in the river mostly.(surprise surprise) Pocket hunting so to speak.. I am intending to do a lot of diving this year. pretty much at this time I am currently trying to get my total weight down to around 150lbs which has been somewhat challenging..(hiking stuff in and out).. I have been spending a lot of time going over CDEC records trying to figure out when is the best time to hit a particular part of the river. I have also made inquiries to appropriate agencies and a few inappropriate agencies in regards to my 2016 season. Not really fun but it has been an eye opener. I am confident that my activities are more then appropriate for my intentions and the areas I will be in.. Anyway I am confident in my ability to make some money this year prospecting/mining..

I was just curious how many other people may be out there are planning on prospecting/mining the 2016 with the intent to make a wage? Mind sharing a little about it? what kind of prospecting/mining?

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My intent is not to fall in the river, skin my knee, or break a nail! And get more than last year! I did manage to pay for gas and food last year. In NH. that aint' bad!

NoBudgetMining

Greenie
Oct 29, 2015
Sw Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Locating more claims and working some virgin benches in a month. Going to be a fun project. I'm pumping water 600' to flood out the bench and dredge it out. Have been working all winter on a 4" land based dredge . April is coming quick!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm giving it a go ( earning a living prospecting that is )... the reasons to long to list here ... besides if truth be told we really do nothing of ourselves ... Jesus didn't and he found the pearl of great price ...

You don't make a living prospecting, you can make a living mining!

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I intend to apply the knowledge I gained last year and measure this year's total in ounces instead of grams. Just for fun, though.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont' know shoot about prospecting, but tempted to try, as I see blacksand in each creek I pass when I go detecting near the river. There is quartz too in my area and I found pyrite pieces last summer. Seems a lot of work, apart the preparation (law research, permits, etc), so not sure yet. Lot of mines in my area in the 19th century (copper, chrome, sulfur, zinc). Would you try?

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lot of mines in my area in the 19th century (copper, chrome, sulfur, zinc). Would you try?

Of course! This is the prospecting forum :P

I would look into clubs in your area. They will have claims that have gold on them so you won't have to worry too much about being on someone else's land.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry a pan with me in my truck all year long. I hope to see color in it this year. Will at least try.... Hope every one here is successful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread