BGT Surprise

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a birthday coming in less than a month and I found this in my inbox today.
Capture.PNG

Yipee! I'm stoked. Good thing I'm almost done fixing the wife's car. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy Neighbor!...:occasion14:

Lottsa spots to work that Bazooka around your place...sweeet!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice choice!

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved my sniper was and still is my favorite BGT. I might be crazy but I feel like it got the finer gold better than the bigger models. But as said...I might just be crazy.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The sniper hands down is the most versatile model - love mine; it's the only one I use now. Enjoy!

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make sure you get an HPA from the WDFW so you can use it, not legal to use under the " Mining without timing restrictions " clause in the Fish and Gold book.

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to wdfw.....bazookas don't even fit into their little book. The " riffle " area is to small. They can be used wherever whenever

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I talked to wdfw.....bazookas don't even fit into their little book. The " riffle " area is to small. They can be used wherever whenever

I had read that you had contacted them so I wasn't worried. Besides with the 30" Sniper it's less than 3 square feet anyway.

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make sure you get an HPA from the WDFW so you can use it, not legal to use under the " Mining without timing restrictions " clause in the Fish and Gold book.
I just got mine approved, not too hard if you follow Bronze's write-up: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/washington/490826-washington-bazooka-owners-you-need-hpa.html

True, but what Bronze reported from them was that "Having the HPA would keep you covered in the event an over zealous officer decided to visit you at your site and tried to turn you into a test case". Personally I didn't like the thought of having to fall back on additional authorization to defend myself since it is legal but I decided I will do it anyway just to be safe.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not arguing, but could someone show me in the "Fish and Gold" regs
where an HPA is required to use a Bazooka?

Mr. Miller...you've got no worries whatsoever about using it up in our neck
of the woods..ain't no one gonna bother you for it.

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not arguing, but could someone show me in the "Fish and Gold" regs
where an HPA is required to use a Bazooka?

It doesn't say that anywhere. But, I think it's just that someone might freak out because that's something that they haven't specifically regulated. If it were me making the rules, I'd say "hey, we didn't say you couldn't use one, have at it." In fact I would throw it into the "concentrator" with less than 3 sq feet of riffles catergory, but we've seen how these sort of thing go these days, stuff doesn't go in favor of miners.

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Up here they don't know a sluice from a hair dryer. They think a pan is a cereal bowl.:sly:

OP
OP
HMiller

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Of course I'd rather have cornflakes but I can deal with the cereal as well. Good news is that my wife's car is almost done. Had to tear the dash out to replace the heater core. We bought it knowing that but got a good deal from a dealer. 2001 Lincoln Navigator. 150k $1700.

Sooo until the snow melts in Liberty, probably May or so, where we have 140 acres of hard rock claims, I'll bring the sluices (keene and le trap as well) with me while spring mushroom picking season and see what I can find.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine approved, not too hard if you follow Bronze's write-up: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/washington/490826-washington-bazooka-owners-you-need-hpa.html

True, but what Bronze reported from them was that "Having the HPA would keep you covered in the event an over zealous officer decided to visit you at your site and tried to turn you into a test case". Personally I didn't like the thought of having to fall back on additional authorization to defend myself since it is legal but I decided I will do it anyway just to be safe.
I get it ....But, why put your name on more gov. pperwork???? More people standing with the law vs. worrying about hurting it's feelings would be a good thing. pretty soon people will feel like they need a permit to apply for a permit.

I called wdfw because a customer had a question. I wanted to know what to tell any WA. customers.

I talked to "the dude"...i forget his name (someone search for that thread) but, basically I felt like I was giving him too much info:BangHead:...and yes a bazooka is a hairdryer8-) he mentioned amendmendst based on new equipment styles...he asked if a bazooka processed more material than a keene.....without riffles.....i felt like a traitor to washington diggers...I heard jack boots and wanted off the phone immediately!!!!!:laughing7:
The customer got his helpful info .......isn't HPA a VD

Last edited:

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I get it ....But, why put your name on more gov. pperwork???? More people standing with the law vs. worrying about hurting it's feelings would be a good thing. pretty soon people will feel like they need a permit to apply for a permit.
You got me there . I hope I never have to pull out the HPA, but then I guess I just shouldn't have worried about it. I completely agree though with what you said about standing for the law though.

I called wdfw because a customer had a question. I wanted to know what to tell any WA. customers.
Nice, based on my experience you guys have great customer service down there.:thumbsup:

I talked to "the dude"...i forget his name (someone search for that thread) but, basically I felt like I was giving him too much info:BangHead:...and yes a bazooka is a hairdryer8-) he mentioned amendmendst based on new equipment styles...he asked if a bazooka processed more material than a keene.....without riffles.....i felt like a traitor to washington diggers...I heard jack boots and wanted off the phone immediately!!!!!:laughing7:
The customer got his helpful info .......isn't HPA a VD
Would that be Pat from the thread that I posted the link to earlier here? If anyone's a traitor it's us getting the HPAs I guess. Sounds like they didn't have a clue what a bazooka was before a couple months ago. Let's hope they don't come out with a new addition of the Fish&Gold with a bazooka section. :thumb_down:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got me there . I hope I never have to pull out the HPA, but then I guess I just shouldn't have worried about it. I completely agree though with what you said about standing for the law though.

Nice, based on my experience you guys have great customer service down there.:thumbsup:

Would that be Pat from the thread that I posted the link to earlier here? If anyone's a traitor it's us getting the HPAs I guess. Sounds like they didn't have a clue what a bazooka was before a couple months ago. Let's hope they don't come out with a new addition of the Fish&Gold with a bazooka section. :thumb_down:
nope not "Pat"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread