Need someone w/ a Shaker table to help separate flour gold/sand

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cube it down to 1.5 cups, then pan it.. My cube is catching stuff down in the .0015 inch range and smaller, that is approximately one third the size a human eye can even see..
And that is just in the first tray, I don't even bother checking the second and third trays anymore. They go in a bucket and get run back through at a later date to
get those few stray pieces.

And then with proper classification, panning it is a breeze.

OP
OP
O
Feb 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the gold cube seperate it from the sand in the vortex matting? Should I get a gold cube with 3 or 4 trays? Do you use just water or put some soap in it? The mixture I already have is 10% gold to sand ratio(no joke). Only was in a small 2'x2'x2' area.....other 300 cubic yards had zero visible gold.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will the gold cube seperate it from the sand in the vortex matting? Should I get a gold cube with 3 or 4 trays? Do you use just water or put some soap in it? The mixture I already have is 10% gold to sand ratio(no joke). Only was in a small 2'x2'x2' area.....other 300 cubic yards had zero visible gold.

The gold cube is a concentrater. When feeding already concentrated material like you describe it simply super concentrates it to a higher percentage of gold but final gold recovery (elimination of waste material) is still down to a pan, miller table, blue bowl, etc. You will find that the vast majority of waste material is eliminated leaving only a much smaller percentage of concentrates to be dealt with. Follow bobw53's advice from above especially classifying all material retained on the mats to similar sizes before processing for final gold recovery.:icon_thumright:
From what I have read the three tray cube is more than adequate for most applications. If your claim as to the percentage of gold in the concentrate is accurate then you may have to clean up more than once and rerunning what was originally eliminated is likely a must do.

Good luck.

PS: If you do get a gold cube you may want to run the material that you say had no visible gold too. It may contain gold of a much lesser concentration than the area that you did concentrate from.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
like has been already said , screen it , Cube it and then run it across a Miller table. and when done , if in doubt run it across the miller table again with either slower water or a more positive tilt on the table. and repete this procedure until there isn't any gold left. and do it in the winter to brighten up your day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions