Controlled Testing Run - Its a pain, but worth it.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Controlled Testing Run - It's a pain, but worth it.

If you get bored…. figured I’d share before we ran the test.
Just a sneak peek into the mindset we have to get into for these things weeks in advance.
Every time we launch a new unit I require this test be run.
It’s also similar to what we do for commercial ops around the world, when configuring / specking out their systems.
Over the past 5 years we’ve literally run 100’s of controlled tests.
But these controlled tests under field conditions are a real pain.
LOTS of work. Hours and hours of planning, prep, loading, and worrying about what can go WRONG… and impact or ruin the testing.
Basically we have to have two of everything on hand in case something fails or breaks.
It’s a TON of work. Just prepping the pay to run will often take 1.5 hours with 4 people.
We’ll be running in on the new Raptor Flare 2.0
If you want to see that unit it’s at Gold Highbanker
We'll also break down the unit at clean up to see what gold got caught where.
Failed to mention that in the layout sheet.
Doc

rf2controlledtest.jpg

rfcontroll.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc ,that's a fine testiment to your products and testing!

Thanks..........
It's one of those days that you really "don't look forward to".... but it's needed and well worth the effort in the end.
It's a LOT of planning and work and now I get to watch the weather next week and see what day we're running it.
Be glad when we're done. I have some areas I want to test next.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc.... you and your guys are a real credit to the mining community! Are you sure your last name isn't McGuyver? I wonder at times with all your inventiveness.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc.... you and your guys are a real credit to the mining community! Are you sure your last name isn't McGuyver? I wonder at times with all your inventiveness.

It's a curse sometimes..... the 2 am lying in bed with an idea that pops into your head type..... lol

It actually took a long time to devise real controlled testing practices, and they do create a HUGE amount of work,
but, I think it's a vital part of any good product. It's also the only real way to test something.
I've seen too many tests done wrong.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the first units coming off the finishing line this week.
Got to tell you....... even I'm blown away with their quality.
All welded, no rivets, and just precision cutting, bending and finishing.
Nice stuff.

photo(1).jpg

photo(2).jpg

photo(3).jpg

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where in the world now a days. Can you find real Quality. I can"t think of many thing made that are quality built. Except in the prospecting industry. Every thing now is cheap and not made to last. It takes someone like doc and gold hog. To risk putting a great product out and proving them. And there are other companys with the same principles. In prospecting everyone knows who the are. I have to say its because they are prospectors like us. And like use they demand the best. Its in there blood.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work Doc!

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was checking this out in the raffle booth at the Vegas show. Very cool unit.

BTW people were asking where the Gold Hog booth was. Gold Hog was missed this year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was checking this out in the raffle booth at the Vegas show. Very cool unit.

BTW people were asking where the Gold Hog booth was. Gold Hog was missed this year.

Thanks........
Actually those are the older versions.
We donated them for the raffles.
Doc

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a curse sometimes..... the 2 am lying in bed with an idea that pops into your head type..... lol

It actually took a long time to devise real controlled testing practices, and they do create a HUGE amount of work,
but, I think it's a vital part of any good product. It's also the only real way to test something.
I've seen too many tests done wrong.

I hear ya man! Been there...Done that! That's why I keep a notebook by my bed. It's the curse of those that are striving to make a better way. That you took the time to devise these tests and that they're so accurate speaks volumes towards your dedication. In these day not many people would loose sleep over something like this. An example of how NOT to do it would be the Sierra Fund scientists testing for Mercury in California! :BangHead: :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread