Im speechless

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a whole lotta yeller right there...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? You didn't find one of those yet?:laughing7:

Cool pictures....I hope I stub my toe on one that size one day!:laughing7:

Last edited:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got my door stop last year.

image-2420331747.jpg

OP
OP
A

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What? You didn't find one of those yet?:laughing7:

Cool pictures....I hope I stub my toe on one that size one day!:laughing7:

Note to myself: Check my old tailings piles.:laughing7:

Guajino

Feb 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm speechless

How heavy is gold of that size??? I think it is not real. The one found in Australia is 178 pounds not too easy to carry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How heavy is gold of that size??? I think it is not real.

Most for sure are real. The second row has a couple that are probably not (the third from left and the second from the right).

Edit: The picture changed so....The black and white photo with the colored nugget and the guy in a yellow shirt draped over a gold colored mostly round rock.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How heavy is gold of that size??? I think it is not real. The one found in Australia is 178 pounds not too easy to carry.

If I found one that size? I'd either turn into super man and drag it out or they would find a skeleton later on hugging it!:laughing7:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea no way.. holding them up like that would not be so easy..

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the big ones are casts of the original. Even if they were plaster, they would be darn heavy.

Great comment Nitric! I am not so sure I would die over it, but would have to come awfully close before giving up. Makes me wonder if there was ever somebody with a large nugget that they could not hump out on their own so they hid or buried it, and then could not find the spot again? I don't recall a single story like that. However, I do recall reading that the first guys into the Cariboo (BC, Canada) took out their placer gold on their backs or dog sled (to avoid the winter), with the rest being hidden for their return (which did not always happen).

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the big ones are casts of the original. Even if they were plaster, they would be darn heavy.

Great comment Nitric! I am not so sure I would die over it, but would have to come awfully close before giving up. Makes me wonder if there was ever somebody with a large nugget that they could not hump out on their own so they hid or buried it, and then could not find the spot again? I don't recall a single story like that. However, I do recall reading that the first guys into the Cariboo (BC, Canada) took out their placer gold on their backs or dog sled (to avoid the winter), with the rest being hidden for their return (which did not always happen).

There were some stories of gold bars found and they couldn't be carried, to never be found again, or the guy died, can't remember. I think I saw it on unsolved mysteries years ago or something.

I also remember a story about a miner who hid his gold in cans, died, and no one knows where the cans are. I may have read that here in the threads. That was either in Canada or Alaska if I remember it right. I don't remember the details to that one either.

If I couldn't carry it, You bet Id at least be knocking a chunk off! Or something! :laughing7:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were some stories of gold bars found and they couldn't be carried, to never be found again, or the guy died, can't remember. I think I saw it on unsolved mysteries years ago or something.

I also remember a story about a miner who hid his gold in cans, died, and no one knows where the cans are. I may have read that here in the threads. That was either in Canada or Alaska if I remember it right. I don't remember the details to that one either.

If I couldn't carry it, You bet Id at least be knocking a chunk off! Or something! :laughing7:

Saddle ridge hoard comes to mind..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions