Keep Your Eyes On The Road and Your Hands Upon The Wheel

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad story & the man was a retired professor from the college I attend. I will definitely be slowing down as I travel through there.. very dangerous. Mytimetoshine and I were on the bear that same day and I had contemplated going to YJ. Good thing Eric made the right call of not heading that way due to bad weather.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of people have gone off of the road there in that area. Back in the late 70's when we had a good rain,the water was running across the road there until it slid in and went down. I was there in my jeep and fortunately decided not to cross. We ended up backing up a long ways because the road was all dirt and a lot narrower back then... Every year I go down there to our claim and we always come out with gold filled pans :)

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sad story. From what I could tell this guy was living the dream. He was retired and being a botanist I'm sure he loved the outdoors and has driven this type of red all his life. And you don't need bad weather for something like this too happen. I'm guilty of it myself but I'm gonna dial it back a little. I used to be on guard every time I came up to a blind corner, but last time I went out ( same day as the accident ) I was driving pretty fast on the red on I was on and a car came out of the blind turn and caught me off guard and I had to swerve a bid to get out of the way, won't take much at the wrong spot for that to scenario to send you over....

Not how I wanna go. I want to go finding a nugget so big and heavy that I die trying to carry it out lol

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sad story. From what I could tell this guy was living the dream. He was retired and being a botanist I'm sure he loved the outdoors and has driven this type of red all his life. And you don't need bad weather for something like this too happen. I'm guilty of it myself but I'm gonna dial it back a little. I used to be on guard every time I came up to a blind corner, but last time I went out ( same day as the accident ) I was driving pretty fast on the red on I was on and a car came out of the blind turn and caught me off guard and I had to swerve a bid to get out of the way, won't take much at the wrong spot for that to scenario to send you over....

Not how I wanna go. I want to go finding a nugget so big and heavy that I die trying to carry it out lol

I also heard a couple months ago they found a missing motorcyclist at the bottom of a canyon of mosquito ridge rd....

I believe I can fly...I believe I can touch the sky!.. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread