nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After month's of going stir crazy or cabin fever. I went north a couple of weeks ago to check my spot it looked like a glacier no mining that day. We had a stretch of warm weather, decided to call my mining buddy. He was game so off we go! SCORE it was all thawed! So game on we set up our sluices start digging. The water was flowing good and not too cold. We weren't the only ones with the fever we had visiters all day. All saying we knew you guys' would be here. We even had a newbie stop by to ask us some questions about mining. He had his pans with him so he got schooled in panning, all excited he got some flakes in his first pan! Couldn't ask for a better day but today I'm paying dearly lame from head to toe got them gold muscles that haven't been used for a few months. I'll put up some pic's of my clean out after the pain goes too sore to clean my cons. Yes we got decent color, a day well spent on the river! :hello2: DSCF0332.JPG DSCF0333.JPG DSCF0334.JPG DSCF0336.JPG the last one is me the first one is the newbie.

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job! If we don't share our knowledge with others that have an interest in learning then the skills and knowledge is lost.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kid was real nice had a ton of questions. He saw our trucks out there and just stopped. He had the fever too. We had him show us how he panned LOL! Then we showed him how to actually do it LOL! It was good fun for all for a couple of hours. By the time he left he had a couple dozen pieces in his snuffer.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool . I can't wait too get up there . I got my Gold Hog Raptor Flair 2.0 today .

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only guess what the lesson is . I bet it has to do with a lot of digging . LOL

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use your imagination LOL! I've got sense of humor. Digging is a given to finding gold.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I should bring one of my excavators , My back isn't in the best of shape . I guess i'll dig a while and rest for a while . I'm out now trying to get a couple jobs done , before Gold season in NH . I need to build some strength .

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three words! LONG HANDLE SHOVEL!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those Ash handled excavators . But there not my first choice . LOL

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bobcat 341 , same idea just a better machine . all of my bigger equipment was Catapillar . the Bobcat company was the first to make mini excavator and pound for pound are stronger machines , in my opinion .

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up with a half a gram out of 7 buckets wanted to show a pic got camera issues $15.oo dead battery!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds pretty good , for a first outing . How long did you spend sluicing ?

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your pics made my fever worse. Think I'll go clean my sluice carpet...again.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not bad for no gold New Hampshire. So the saying goes. Nice job Mister banner. That leaves about 10 specks for the rest of us. LOL Just kidding. A great start thats for sure. The water is that low already it will be a trickle. Come fall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah surprising it was as low as it was. I left more than 10 specks for you guys. Okay 11! LOL! Scoped out another spot while up there looks promising from the samples. Next field trip I'm going to dig it to know for sure. Will keep you posted.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
N.H If your looking for some company. Right now Im not working. Just give me a shout.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the D@#M snow coming it'll be probably a couple of weeks before I can get back up there I'll let you know ahead of time.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to get my last job done ! It's interfearing with my Gold prospecting ! I just can't wait , I'm going to double my price if they don't let me start soon . I've got the fever bad .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions