goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
WHOA!!!!! That thing is even bigger than my tent which is 10X20! Of course mine doesn't weigh nearly as much, can be set up by a single person with a little practice and can double as a "Screen room" on those hot desert nights.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing looks like it would be a couple days to set up .

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
The Cabela's Alaknak has been around for years & I have friends that use them. They actually set up surprisingly easy. Very wind/weatherproof, & durable which is a huge thing here in Alaska. I have 2 man tents that weigh 2 pounds and "6 man" (comfortable for 4) extreme weather tents that weigh 40 pounds. I have a 10x18 canvas Baker style wall tent with removable floor & I don't even WANT to know what it weighs!!! I would love to have one of the Alaknaks. I could use the vestibule for a garage for my Argo :-)

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my beckel canvas 10x12. I picked it up a few years ago used at a good price. We use it for both mining and the deer camp. Being smaller it is easy for 1 person or 2 to setup. Also having a smaller tent keeps the extra moochers out of my beer. :laughing7:

IMG_20151019_175814122_opt.jpg

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's interesting as I see it's billed as only water resistant. I've spent quite a bit of time in my Baker style wall tent with a rain-snow fly and a homemade porch fly on my hunting adventures. Very comfortable with the woodstove in late fall, but probably not so much if used in the skeeter and noseeum summer. 8-)

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good Lord I hope my wife doesn't find out about that thing, we got enough oversized camping gear!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I have had my share of big on the claim.....bears don't care how big...they want in!
! IMG_1878.JPG IMG_1877.JPG

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank goodness that's one critter I don't have to worry too much about here! Bears on top of Javalinas and rattlers is a scary thought!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions