Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't clicked on any links yet as am heading out to DIG! :hello2:

Latest News
This message covers several topics, all of which are important and timely. We will provide links as necessary to keep the length manageable. The news pertaining to MMAC is very informative and we hope you find that some of your questions are answered concerning the MMAC mission.

PLP & MMAC TRIP TO WASHINGTON D.C.
PLP's Northern Director Clark Pearson and MMAC Founder Joe Martori traveled to Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. for a series of meetings spanning 9 days discussing the MMAC Bill and the Mining Districts with Congressmen, Senators and their aides. Joe and Clark were well received by every group they met with and reported that many in Washington are aware of the problems that exist in this country. To read the full story, please go to PLP & MMAC GO TO WASHINGTON D.C. | Public Lands For The People

PLP & MMAC PRESENTATION AT BLM ROUNTABLE
PLP & MMAC will be doing a presentation in front of the BLM Steering Committe on March 24th, 2016 in Ridgecrest, CA starting at 6:00 p.m.
To review the agenda and other important information, please go to https://gallery.mailchimp.com/de6c3...BLM_Steering_comt_agenda_3_24_16_Rev_2_2_.pdf
We invite you to attend this important event if possible.

GPAA GOLD & TREASURE SHOWS
PLP attended the recent GPAA Phoenix Gold & Treasure Show and would like to thank:

Mike Pung from Gold Cube for donating a Gold Cube for the PLP show raffle. Mike had to pull a few strings at the last minute to make this happen, and the result was PLP raised much needed funds to continue its mission.

GPAA Phoenix Chapter • GPAA of Apache Junction • Prescott Valley GPAA • Gold Fever of West Valley for making a donation to PLP from the show proceeds. We do appreciate it.

PLP will be attending the following Gold Shows. Please stop by our booth and introduce yourself:

Nor/Cal Gold & Treasure Show April 2-3 Vallejo, CA
Portland Gold & Treasure Show April 9-10 Portland, OR
Seattle Gold & Treasure Show April 16-17 Monroe, WA
ICMJ Mining Summit April 16-17 Placerville, CA
Idaho Gold & Treasure Show June 11-12 Garden City, ID
Denver Gold & Treasure Show June 18-19 Brighton, CO
PLP EBAY CLEARANCE SALE
We want to scale down on some of our existing styles of hats and T-shirts, so many of these items have been reduced to $5.00 apiece. If you had been thinking of getting a hat or shirt, please take advantage. We also have gold concentrates as well. To navigate, please click on PLP eBay Merchandise

Thank you very much,
PLP Board of Directors

Upvote 0

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it's important to note that so much depends upon the State you live in regarding "recreational" and this plays a big part in discussing recreational labels or self identifying as such. If I go to a "recreational area" here in Ca like Auburn Rec Area the restrictions do not allow for a stream sluice and you can only use a 4inch wide shovel to pan. Metal detectors are off limits too in many spots. Then they charge you $40 to camp at the campgrounds there.

So I would have to leave my shovel, picks, zero impact recirc GoldCube, metal detector and most the things I would bring with me prospecting at home to conform to what is recreational or hobby here. Sounds like a fun trip right:) These "recreational" areas didn't start out with the strict restrictions we have now, they have been strengthened greatly in the recent years.

And people wonder why we discuss this subject so often and try to get people to see this haha. Some people still live in a state that has a respect for mining and the history and the recreational restrictions still allow for motorized enviro friendly equipment that actually lets you move dirt... but people I guess forget the 30-40 states that don't have the same view of what recreational may entail and make it pan and tiny shovel making it hard for us to go with the "recreational" label.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's important to note that so much depends upon the State you live in regarding "recreational" and this plays a big part in discussing recreational labels or self identifying as such. If I go to a "recreational area" here in Ca like Auburn Rec Area the restrictions do not allow for a stream sluice and you can only use a 4inch wide shovel to pan. Metal detectors are off limits too in many spots. Then they charge you $40 to camp at the campgrounds there.

So I would have to leave my shovel, picks, zero impact recirc GoldCube, metal detector and most the things I would bring with me prospecting at home to conform to what is recreational or hobby here. Sounds like a fun trip right:) These "recreational" areas didn't start out with the strict restrictions we have now, they have been strengthened greatly in the recent years.

And people wonder why we discuss this subject so often and try to get people to see this haha. Some people still live in a state that has a respect for mining and the history and the recreational restrictions still allow for motorized enviro friendly equipment that actually lets you move dirt... but people I guess forget the 30-40 states that don't have the same view of what recreational may entail and make it pan and tiny shovel making it hard for us to go with the "recreational" label.
By

Just fyi, unless something has changed recently you can sluice in asra, the new 49ers fought to overturn the hands and pans a while ago but the rangers there still try to enforce this. Again, not sure if something changed but I think this is still the case.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By

Just fyi, unless something has changed recently you can sluice in asra, the new 49ers fought to overturn the hands and pans a while ago but the rangers there still try to enforce this. Again, not sure if something changed but I think this is still the case.

Yeah if it is the tech the rule they are lax on it but it is illustrative of the kind of restrictions they set and I mostly just wanted to point out how tight the rules have gotten.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all semantics - in my opinion, as to what you call yourself. However, if you have filed a legal mineral claim with the gooberment, and you are working that claim, then you are protected under the Mining Law - no? With that in mind you can call yourself "Shirley" if you want to and not lose those rights or affect them in any way. :coffee2:

I don't call myself anything, If your a claim owner and the government only allows you to use methods of extraction on your claim that are the same as thoughs they consider "recreational", how exactly is mining law protecting you?

I dont own a claim to play for an hour before or after work, I did it to develop and extract it's minerals to the fullest potential. Now the government steps in and limits my ability to do this to a level considered recreational due to their system, it sure doesn't feel like I have these protections that I should. It gets to a point where it is now that it's a big scam really. The over regulation has forced the majority of valid claims to sit dormant not being able to produce to the full potential all the while blm collects money on them. The will of the owner to extract is there, the gold is there but the tools of the trade are outlawed , yet the trade isn't.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't call myself anything, If your a claim owner and the government only allows you to use methods of extraction on your claim that are the same as thoughs they consider "recreational", how exactly is mining law protecting you?

I dont own a claim to play for an hour before or after work, I did it to develop and extract it's minerals to the fullest potential. Now the government steps in and limits my ability to do this to a level considered recreational due to their system, it sure doesn't feel like I have these protections that I should. It gets to a point where it is now that it's a big scam really. The over regulation has forced the majority of valid claims to sit dormant not being able to produce to the full potential all the while blm collects money on them. The will of the owner to extract is there, the gold is there but the tools of the trade are outlawed , yet the trade isn't.

STOP Preaching to the choir. Until, and unless we can garner more support for our existing rights from a broad coalition of small and large miners, prospecting clubs, equipment manufacturers - and RECREATIONAL / Family Fun Miners, we are not moving forward at warp speed.

WE already know all about the Feds and their stinking badges, but we need to do a better job of explaining to that 36-year-old Dad that wants to take his kids on a fun gold panning trip next weekend, that the Feds want to close the road to the spot he and the kids were going to pan.

I, we get it. Now let's SELL it.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STOP Preaching to the choir. Until, and unless we can garner more support for our existing rights from a broad coalition of small and large miners, prospecting clubs, equipment manufacturers - and RECREATIONAL / Family Fun Miners, we are not moving forward at warp speed.

WE already know all about the Feds and their stinking badges, but we need to do a better job of explaining to that 36-year-old Dad that wants to take his kids on a fun gold panning trip next weekend, that the Feds want to close the road to the spot he and the kids were going to pan.

I, we get it. Now let's SELL it.

Lol.. that's sure productive..My first amendment rights are as good as yours, talking down to everyone like your the big bad boy sure don't do much good here solo.

Buy the way, I AM the 33 year old father of two that is just concerned with "recreational" use as anyone else, I just don't want it to come at the cost of my other mining rights. I even took it a step further and own a claim to further insure that I'd have these rights or lack there of. I'm not talking down to anyone, and what I say might have been said before, but as far as value goes I don't see the demeanor you speak in being any more productive.

If the 36 year old you speak of wants to play this game, mabey he should have filed a claim down this road you speak of, would have given him access regardless. Or if he doesn't want to take this stuff that seriously as you have to, he can stick to the hands and pan areas which there are plenty of around here.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By

I think it was the goldhounds actually

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds right, it's been a while.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to "correct" you.....I just know the 49ers could really give a hoot about us motherlode guys.

No your absolutely correct GW, with both name/credit and not giving a hoot lol. I always confuse the two because the new 49ers name associates with the motherload area in my head, this is where the confusion of the two comes form for me.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the first post Jeff, PLP mentioned they were having a sale, on Ebay.
Thanks!! 5 bucks! 3XL! And made in America!

DSCN9967.JPG

DSCN9968.JPG

DSCN9969.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread