New gold toy

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a new gold toy to play with when I can't get out to the river. A rainy day well spent on the front porch! I forgot to order a scale so I guess I have to buy more gold toys. This was just some fine stuff, I couldn't bring myself to melt pickers. IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0303.JPG

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER smelt pickers as ez to get a little more cash or fill lockets and sell for MUCH more money than straight gold prices. It's truly not how much you find BUT what you do with what you find that makes the difference between feast and famine. John

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prospecting buddy has that set up they work great!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at that, thinking edited (someone I might know) might could use a set-up like that, for his pirate silver backyard melting hole in the ground crucible adventure fiasco. :dontknow:
That thing'll do silver, too? :icon_scratch:

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There great little units. It was nice to melt all my fine gold into something that I could hold in my hand.

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're brilliant. I didn't think to try. I'm going to take out some silver dimes and cook 'em. Sipping a glass of wine of course. Anyone know how many 90% dimes I need to get an oz? I don't have a scale.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
You're brilliant. I didn't think to try. I'm going to take out some silver dimes and cook 'em. Sipping a glass of wine of course. Anyone know how many 90% dimes I need to get an oz? I don't have a scale.

Has the Fed changed their minds about the melting of U.S. coins being illegal? If not, I would recommend that you don't advertise that you do it, in this forum.
You never know who is watching. Good luck

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has the Fed changed their minds about the melting of U.S. coins being illegal? If not, I would recommend that you don't advertise that you do it, in this forum.
You never know who is watching. Good luck

My lawyer will argue, "he said cook them, not melt them." It was human error they got too hot.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't believe that you can even melt cents.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pre 1982 cents. In 82, you have to weigh them to see if they are zinc core or solid bronze.
When copper was high, they said there was 2.1 cents of copper in a penny. They had to quickly pass a law so they didn't all get melted down.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER smelt pickers as ez to get a little more cash or fill lockets and sell for MUCH more money than straight gold prices. It's truly not how much you find BUT what you do with what you find that makes the difference between feast and famine. John

I'm with John on this one. Even though really small stuff can still command a premium if you sell it right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions