Never stop learning

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally got out today for a dig with my grandpa whose been prospecting for a very long time...he even uses dousing rods, something he's teaching me...he's a wealth of knowledge that he can't wait to share...mining has been in my family for generations as I also learned today. My great great grandpa...I think, my grandpa's grandpa helped mine the Comstock Load in NV. I am proud to carry on this tradition and have been sharing it with my children hoping they pass it on to theirs. Memerories and stories are the true value in doing what we do, for fun or wages alike. This is what I feel it's all about.

Attachments

• 1458454404838.jpg
    1458454404838.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 1458454437440.jpg
    1458454437440.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Your a lucky person to to have your Grandfather there still to help you along! Enjoy his company/ knowledge for as long as you can ! GREAT MEMORIES are forming!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that it is important for miners to never stop learning. Sharing that information with those that wish to learn is also part of our duties. I'm pretty much the only one in my family that has ever mined and though I've been doing it for over 30 years now, I know that there's still tons for me to learn. That is part of what drew me to this thankless, back breaking, make you old before your time profession that we all love. So many things to learn and only one lifetime to get er done!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend as much time as you can afford with your Grampa , you will never regret it . I wish I lived closer to mine . I would have been with him every step , I've never felt so safe as the time I had with him .

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day I quit learning will be the day I stop living. Wisdom of the ages is disappearing FAST. Covet our mining elders and you will profit handsomely and enrich your life , and your kids, in many ways...Kudos to GPa-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread