Worth running lots of this dirt?

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my best spot I've found so far out of about this much dirt
ca4a230eb60502bb4f5b34855d3680d9.jpg

I usually get this much gold. Mostly all fines, it's screened to -50. Bigger gold removed first of course.

12ecce936952d839cb787282daeeacdf.jpg

Bigger gold has been hard to find in this spot. Once I found a 1.2 gram nugget, but that was it for big stuff except the occasional cornflake sized flake, but I usually only find stuff bigger than 30 mesh- one piece every 5 or so trips there.

Is this worth chasing after, cause I kinda feel there's bigger stuff in general area somewhere. The spot used to be known for big gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Your doing just fine, if she keeps feeding you then no point in looking else where.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! It's blm land unclaimed as of yet, I don't know if it's able to be claimed or not. I'll post more pics as I go through the rest of my buckets. I need to try to run 20 buckets instead of hauling just the best out. I'm headed back up there this weekend, hopefully with the zook or gold cube depends on water flow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

solarsmith

Mar 27, 2016
Denver
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yep claim your 20 acres of placer from the blm they will tell you what your next step is. the you can post it as your site and tell the visitors they are on your federal mining claim. Bryan in Denver CO

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd run a sluice for a full day. That is plenty. If the values hold you will do very well.

And yeah, get a claim on it if it's open. That's good gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread