First Picker Of 2016 Using DIY Gold Hog Sluice

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a short video from my first gold prospecting trip of 2016. This trip was to Wanlockhead, Scotland close to Leadhills, we have visited this area a number of times and my friend wanted to revisit a boulder he had previously worked so we went with a 7 day plan to get to bedrock. In this video, I was testing my new sluice I have made specifically to use in narrow streams rather than this wide river, but as it was new I had to test it out and from my very first bucket of concentrate, using my DIY narrow stream sluice for the first time, the sluice managed to stop this lovely little picker right at the top of the vortex matting. I was really pleased with how this sluice operated and I have another video to come showing material going through it so you can see just how it runs, but I couldn't help filming not just the first visible gold of the trip, but also the first picker too. This trip was one of my most successful trips to date and I have more videos to come showing the area we worked and the gold I found, so if you haven't already, why not subscribe to my channel to keep up to date with my videos.

Upvote 0

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice piece of Gold , and the fever is rising !!!!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, the hole gave up a lot more than this piece, I was just pleased about this coming from the top layers of material, I think this has been the best hole I've worked so far and there's some more videos to come of the gold I recovered

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your adventures! A picker is always fun but the gold coin really put the joy in your voice!! Good to see you out checking things out, liked the dog as well...............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers, there's better gold to come in some later videos I made from this trip too, best prospecting trip so far I think :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread