Le Trap Dredge

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great question. Mine has worked very well as a highbanker BUT I COULD make it an either/or river sluice. (can't use as a dredge here). I'm betting great performance with enuf flow. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Ive seen it with a 2 or 3 inch suction nozzle , but I think the 3 inch nozzle was actually to big for the LeTrap. I don't remember how they did with it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2" is the only ones I've seen and run, worked good. Think of the Compass dredge with a small header box with a metal flap. Their box was similar and pre Le Trap, often wondered if the Le Trap was a 2nd gen box based on that idea. Having a great senior moment and can't remember the other more popular name as sold when compass died??? Backpak frame with storage in metal pontoons..... John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John .I think maybe the American Dredge Co? Cool little puddle jumpers with storage in the pontoons

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen people use it as a cleanup sluice by placing it over the riffles or in place of the riffles on 4 and 5 inch dredges, but they were always running the motor at idle. I would think it be blown clear if you tried to use it as a production riffle set.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds like a possible project for me. Maybe use 6 or 8 inch PVC for the pontoons? Anyone got pics?

Now now Grasshopper!!! Do you REALLY think you're going to be able to fit your Le'Trap inside a section of 8 inch PVC? If so.... Ya might want to cut back on that medication!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK Jeff. Since you MADE me do it...I googled it and low and behold, the prototype of what I had in mind was right here in TN. Check out rebel003's post that went up a month after we signed up here.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dredging-hi-banking/348079-building-dredge-pontoons-2.html

OMG! I don't know WHY I let you get to me like I do! :BangHead: I just researched and typed all this up instead of watching Emily Deschanel on Bones. What's the big deal you ask??? Just google Emily Deschanel in wonder woman costume/images and you'll understand...and know why I now hate you. (JK) BTW...didja ever get that whirly bird gold dumper weight slinging do-hicky to work??? Call ya tomorrow. :thumbsup:

apologies for the thread hijack Bonaro...but he TOTALLY started it and at least I continue to contribute useful stuff. >:(

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
ROFLMAO! I'll talk to ya tomorrow. Got some running to do on my end so I'll call when I get back.

.... We now return you to your normally scheduled thread ...

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was considering using a LeTrap to upgrade the under sluice in my 5" keene.
I would make a negatiive mold out of the LeTrap I have and then cut and paste until it was 20" wide then form a fiberglass positive casting to fit in the bottom of my 3 stage.
What I dont know is if the Letrap will load up after many hours or dredging.
20160323_191843.jpg

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I dont know is if the Letrap will load up after many hours or dredging.

It will. A couple of guys I know tried them out and with anything of size you would use Dan it would load up. Plan on clean ups every one to two hours depending on the material you are running. You would be loosing some gold before you did a clean up as as there isn't much space there for gold to hide and it will get knocked around and down. Look at some of the videos of the guys using the Le Traps to run dredge cons after the day and see how far the gold is going down.

ratled

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The beauty of making a mold is you can edit anything you want I could deepen the riffle or undercut it more to add volume. I dont kow if there is enough time this spring but I see a good winter project for next year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions