Setback in Oregon Moratorium Case

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like more screws to the miner too me .

OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20160325/NEWS/160329753
http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2016/gold-mining-03-25-2016.html

I hope they can get this into an appeal quickly
you can tell the judge is biased, he states the Rinehart opinion is now unpublished and cant be used
but then quotes the Federal attorneys "friend of the court" brief from Rinehart California supreme court that hasn't had a court date yet.

link to court pdf on tnet
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1290248&d=1458955816

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3::icon_scratch::censored: if you tell a blatent lie enough times and your mindless minions parrot it many 1,000s of times it has become science and of coarse the insanity then becomes a law/ban/taking :censored: John

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Setback in Oregon Moratorium Case - motion for summery judgment on the issue of preemption- Denied.

Not supersizing given the track record of the same attorney associated with the continued case losses for the many years now.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not supersizing given the track record of the same attorney associated with the continued case losses for the many years now.

To be fair, Mr Buchal did win in the 3rd for Brandon - only to have the political fix step in and kick it to the supreme court- someday someone has to explain to me how this isn't double jeopardy.

He also won federal preemption for New 49ers and PLP - only to have the political fix step in and prevent him from enforcing it.

Having read both James' email he sent out with the order and the order, it seems in this case they skipped the win for the miners and went straight for the fix. Just how are you suppose to win against that???!!!!

ratled

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miners still out of the water, and now being further restricted to how close they can even get to it. Some short years back, Tom Kitchar (Waldo Mining District President) was expressing how well him and others were doing in educating Mr Buchal on mining law, at the tune of $100,000 (at that time) of the miner's money. I can't say there's not any mining going on since attorneys got evolved, but it would appear the prospectors/miners are the ones getting mined.

Last edited:

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say there's not any mining going on since Political Will got involved, but it would appear the prospectors/miners are the ones getting mined.

There I fixed it for you, it's not like the lawyers put us out of the water. We would have been out of the water well over a decade ago if we didn't start fighting for our rights.

ratled

OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was definitely Political, were just poor folks we couldn't afford a full blown case so we went with an injunction
it came down to the question is it land use or environmental regulation to ban mining.
So now we are broke and left to our only recourse, that is to mine anyway...

SB838 only bans motorized mining for "gold, silver and other precious metals"
So I'm going to dive for lead, lead fishing sinkers and when I pull 300lb out of the river
I'm going to ask the fishing groups, what affect are you having on our rivers?

Last edited:
OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't agree with any of ya'
legal this, legal that, what about the facts...

The scale of suction dredging is so small it would take me 10+ years to work from
the bottom to the top of a 20 acre mining claim and each year with the first rains
any disturbance is flattened out, I have to reference my journal just to know where I've been.
this has been blown way out of proportion, the small portion of streams that have gold
have mining claims, are segments that are working streams and have been continuously
worked with suction dredges from the 1960's and it just is, an existing use.
you cant take away an existing use and replace it with a beneficial or recreational use.
in legal speak because of changes by legislation we would be classified as a
"legal nonconforming grandfathered use" in streams mined before and since the CWA of 1972.

Occasional disturbance to habitats are mitigated by best management practices
and in- water work timings protect fish, are already outlined in current statute and rule.

Last edited:

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 9th circuit has always been a very liberal tree hugging, lets all love one another, and shoot rainbows out our arse. Just wait until it goes to federal and it'll get overturned. It sucks to wait and I support the people fighting it, just sucks our system has to go so far and take so long to get the appropriate ruling.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
. It sucks to wait and I support the people fighting it, just sucks our system has to go so far and take so long to get the appropriate ruling.

That's what happens when you have an enemy with very deep pockets, false science and Judges that can't find a pair between the lot of them. We miners have been fighting an uphill struggle from the beginning but little do they know that we're a persistent bunch of cusses! :blackbeard:

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
getting a good judge is a stacked roll of the dice. I've literally had a judge (for a traffic ticket) tell me that "laws only apply when they are in favor of the government." (direct quote)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread