Repost: Whos land am I on now?

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
Repost: Who's land am I on now?

Hi everyone. First off I'm not trying sell anything and I hope this doesn't violate any usage rules, but I came across this app that I thought would be useful to metal detectors and gold prospectors as well as hunters:
View attachment 1290806
View attachment 1290807
Living in MN means a lot of privately owned hunting land so sometimes it's hard to know if it's private or public land around creeks or gravel pits. I noticed in the premium version you can purchase the state you are in.
I haven't tried it to much but the reviews are high and seems complete. Check it out and may it beep loudly and shine in your pan!

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Looks interesting. Also, take a look at Apps? (Jun 05, 2014)...

OP
OP
B&E prospecting

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
Ok ya I will look. Ty for the information. One can never have enough tools to work with. MN state map/platte map cost $30. A bit high but I'm going to check it out cause there are a few spots I have worked at road to creek intersection and have found gold so I would like to investigate further upstream but I don't know who owners are. Hopefully this helps.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Your States Platt book will show you who owns that land and show the boundaries. I have several of these books for my state. I think they are very help!

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I have That chip for my GPS and use it all the time for hunting. There is actually a lot of land u can get in trouble for hunting on in alaska. Parks. Native land. Private land etc. Keeps you on the right side of the lines... this will be the 1st year I use it (hopefully) for prospecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions