How a gold rush put Colorado on the map

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing, Kevin.
When will we see you up on a stage somewhere giving a talk?

- Brian

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As soon as i finish my book Brian...2018 I think. Seriously, I love being on stage so it'll happen!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you can make a new Christmas album with Todd Hoffman :evil6:
Honestly though you could do one of the prospector talk shows even now. They are always looking for good miners willing to share a little knowledge :)

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe you can make a new Christmas album with Todd Hoffman :evil6:
Honestly though you could do one of the prospector talk shows even now. They are always looking for good miners willing to share a little knowledge :)

Thanks for the encouragement Reed, it's quite a compliment coming from you!

...oh and if you heard me sing, you'd wish you were deaf ;)

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.kshs.org/kansapedia/western-kansas-gold/12234

Early in 1858, reports were circulated of gold being discovered at Cherry Creek, located at the foot of the Rockies in what was western Kansas Territory. The trickle of gold seekers heading west soon turned into a torrent. Kansas newspapers were filled with stories about gold, some real and most imagined. Reminiscent of the 1849 stampede of '49ers to Sutter's Mill in California, hundreds were lured to the mountains. The prospectors soon learned that "all that glitters is not gold" and some of the wagons that had gone west bearing the slogan, "Pike's Peak or Bust," creaked back home relabeled, "Pike's Peak and Busted."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread