Placer Claim Questions...

gold riffle

Mar 29, 2016
Butte County, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am hoping that someone might be able to give me a little information re: Forfeited/Abandoned Placer claims (California, Butte County). I have found a good placer claim on BLM Land, it was abandoned/forfeited back in 1993. My question is can I obtain the mineral rights again through the BLM? Would I use the same land markers and or information on file regarding the abandoned claim to file with the BLM? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks as I have wanted own a claim for a very long time and don't have some of the answers needed.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blm.gov has all the info on everything in their Claim procedures manual. 1st is discovery-then paperwork to the county for filing,then filed and numbered claim forms to the blm within 90 days of discovery. Costs change insanely-we were even BACKCHARGED months after we already paid our dues and filed annual labors. You can pick up the manual at all blm offices as your in Butte ,Sacramento/Folsom pretty close. Print from net or buy as there is MUCH to the claim procedure time constraint wise to take your money or even come at you again for more as done prior recently. Educate and profit-lots of luck- John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
abandoned is just that...no one claims it anymore...just a name and number in the books. You are never reclaiming an abandoned claim. You are entering a location on the same land that was previously claimed. If the land is still open to entry you can use the same description for your location. You will give it your own name and they will give you a new serial #

OP
OP
G

gold riffle

Mar 29, 2016
Butte County, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks so much for responding. It gives me a little more clarity. I am trying to get a response from BLM if the area is still open for entry. Thanks so much for your response. Take care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread