What happened to believing prospecting could make a income.

I

Idclare

? ? ?In the old days before all the regulations. there was no point worrying about flower gold. It could only bog down a operation designed to run vast amounts of materials such as in? hydraulicing or a dredging operation. But in them same days particularly around the grate depression there were many hew sifted out a bacon and beans existences. And that was when gold wasn?t worth much. Some made sufficient incomes in states that don?t have much gold. This would not have bean possible without a rockerbox to aid them.? But all that knowledge was lost in the first world war were the ones hew new of its value either were killed or returned after the war to find a booming industry that afforded everyone a job. During the war all mining was shut down. And when it reopened after the war, some did go back to mining but only in places that had the capacity to out way working at a job. Everyone was tired of starving, so prospecting? became a fools notion of making money.?
Exspect more postings on the subject of rocker boxes and flower gold from me.

Upvote 0

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just good ol boys , never meaning no harm , yeeeeee hawwwwwwwww

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
CptBil-"a friend of mine who is RIGHT Now! Making a Full Time Living
By dredging"
Location,location,location.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good read.

Iv'e been on this planet for sixty years now. Some things my Dad told me early on comes to mind and they apply to to this day...

"Excess profits leads to ruinous competition".

"Lessons learned hardest are lessons learned best".

and on Politics...
"There is a reason the parties are called left and right. The path of the nation is controlled by it and just like a pendulum, it swings too far to the right and counters by going too far to the left. All you can do is enjoy the ride or deal with it."

Here's a for instance. I stay off private land because it's the right thing to do. However, if I were to stray on the private land and find a rich paystreak, would I leave it and forget about it? Not likely. And so, the over regulation of any and all prospecting in the US is a direct result of people ignoring morals and trashing the environment for their own personal gain. Doesn't matter what we do because there is no damage seen so nothing to complain about. Sadly, morals and caring about the environment somehow makes us the minority and have no say because of it.

Makes perfect sense, right? :icon_scratch:

So the kind of prospecting I do has and always will be done in the same manner as I have done before, regardless of regulations and with a clear conscious. If they make me out to be an outlaw, so be it. I'll' deal with that then.

Last edited:

Scottish888

Jan 22, 2018
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a thought from a person with no experience of mining or even panning yet in the USA but I do a fair bit here in Scotland.
It is a pity to hear you folks are suffering from government organisation overload, from my experience here in Scotland/Uk, the more (tax)money you give the more goverments allow these official bodies to grow out of all proportion to the original aims and soon the very people they seek to help enjoy the countryside in a decent manner become the enemy of these organisations.
All you can do is starve them of money, the more money they have the more stupid and overbearing the rules become, eventually you can end up with a look but don't touch idiocracy controlling all you used to enjoy.
Money is the problem, they have too much and will invent new dilema's that need their righteous solutions, cut their funding and you cut the crap.
America was founded with the intention to avoid the very problems you face now, emigrants left overbearing Europe(and everywhere else) to escape this nonsense and abuse governments (or their agencies)
I accept I may be wrong in my assumptions, wish no offence caused to any on here, just hate to see the USA getting killed by bureaucracy.
Stop the money, stop the stupidity, then they can fight real wars and not fight their own citizens.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought from a person with no experience of mining or even panning yet in the USA but I do a fair bit here in Scotland.
It is a pity to hear you folks are suffering from government organisation overload, from my experience here in Scotland/Uk, the more (tax)money you give the more goverments allow these official bodies to grow out of all proportion to the original aims and soon the very people they seek to help enjoy the countryside in a decent manner become the enemy of these organisations.
All you can do is starve them of money, the more money they have the more stupid and overbearing the rules become, eventually you can end up with a look but don't touch idiocracy controlling all you used to enjoy.
Money is the problem, they have too much and will invent new dilema's that need their righteous solutions, cut their funding and you cut the crap.
America was founded with the intention to avoid the very problems you face now, emigrants left overbearing Europe(and everywhere else) to escape this nonsense and abuse governments (or their agencies)
I accept I may be wrong in my assumptions, wish no offence caused to any on here, just hate to see the USA getting killed by beauracracy.
Stop the money, stop the stupidity, then they can fight real wars and not fight their own citizens.

nope what you are saying is why so many of us here are against our government following the European model.

The people who want it here speak of how much you like it and how much better off you are for it.

We know differently though as do you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread