Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What happened to believing prospecting could make a income.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    The Comanchero

Apr 2005
    Kerrville, Texas
    2 times

Re: What happened to believing prospecting could make a income.

Chuck (idclare), I am considered an "Old Timer" now and an "Old Sourdough". I can tell people that are new to the profession by their lack of understanding of prospecting terminology.

1. It is "FLOUR GOLD" not flower. Gold has nothing in common with flowers that I know of, but there is humongous amounts of gold just as fine as the flour you make your bisquits out of!!!

2. Regardless of what anyone says, there has ALWAYS been men and women that have made a living from getting gold, illegal or not. Gold prospecting and gettting it has never ceased for one minute in the United States of America. Yeah, the "Big Boys" shut down their ops, picked up their toys and went to foreign countries to play for awhile until they could come back home. But many of the small prospectors & miners just kept right on going and selling their gold to jewelers and black market sources. Gotta eat, right? And if that's all you know how to do, ya can't blame 'em! Comanchero

us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    325 times
    Gold Exploration
    Interesting old thread.
    Assembler likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    440 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostminer View Post
    Interesting old thread.
    A focus on the "Discovery" and other interesting statements.
    ghostminer likes this.

us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    325 times
    Gold Exploration
    No talk of POO'S LOL. Just being allowed to "take a dump by the creek" LOL.
    Assembler likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    440 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostminer View Post
    No talk of POO'S LOL. Just being allowed to "take a dump by the creek" LOL.
    Maybe the reason is that there is no "Location" just the "Discovery" as well the scale of the operation.
    Do bears take a 'Dump in the woods'......LOL not the "Forest"

Appears that the mineral deposit has a "Discovery point".

Hard to "Locate" when there is only one point and hard to tell the shape and size of the "Mineral deposit" from just one point.
    Last edited by Assembler; Feb 09, 2018 at 02:10 PM.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1191 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    "Making our way the only way we know how. That's just a little bit more than the law will allow."

us
    Oct 2009
    7139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    "Making our way the only way we know how. That's just a little bit more than the law will allow."
    dammit Nemo, now that's stuck in my head!
    dredgernaut and Aufisher like this.

us
    j

Dec 2012
    wisconsin
    whites mxt
    151 times
    Prospecting
    just good ol boys , never meaning no harm , yeeeeee hawwwwwwwww
    et1955, Jeff95531 and Aufisher like this.

us
    Coil Swinger

Jan 2011
    El Dorado County
    Minelab
    442 times
    Land to people ratio is crazy.

No matter how far out I go I always see trash.

Overpopulation is happening
    Will work for gold dust.

us
    out for the big treasure

Jan 2014
    Texas
    Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
    49 times
    Shipwrecks
    CptBil-"a friend of mine who is RIGHT Now! Making a Full Time Living
    By dredging"
    Location,location,location.
    KevinInColorado and Aufisher like this.

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4079 times
    Prospecting
    Good read.

Iv'e been on this planet for sixty years now. Some things my Dad told me early on comes to mind and they apply to to this day...

"Excess profits leads to ruinous competition".

"Lessons learned hardest are lessons learned best".

and on Politics...
    "There is a reason the parties are called left and right. The path of the nation is controlled by it and just like a pendulum, it swings too far to the right and counters by going too far to the left. All you can do is enjoy the ride or deal with it."

Here's a for instance. I stay off private land because it's the right thing to do. However, if I were to stray on the private land and find a rich paystreak, would I leave it and forget about it? Not likely. And so, the over regulation of any and all prospecting in the US is a direct result of people ignoring morals and trashing the environment for their own personal gain. Doesn't matter what we do because there is no damage seen so nothing to complain about. Sadly, morals and caring about the environment somehow makes us the minority and have no say because of it.

Makes perfect sense, right?

So the kind of prospecting I do has and always will be done in the same manner as I have done before, regardless of regulations and with a clear conscious. If they make me out to be an outlaw, so be it. I'll' deal with that then.
    Last edited by Jeff95531; Feb 11, 2018 at 08:51 PM.
    dredgernaut and loco oro like this.
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

gb
    Jan 2018
    Scotland
    Garret
    12 times
    Prospecting
    Just a thought from a person with no experience of mining or even panning yet in the USA but I do a fair bit here in Scotland.
    It is a pity to hear you folks are suffering from government organisation overload, from my experience here in Scotland/Uk, the more (tax)money you give the more goverments allow these official bodies to grow out of all proportion to the original aims and soon the very people they seek to help enjoy the countryside in a decent manner become the enemy of these organisations.
    All you can do is starve them of money, the more money they have the more stupid and overbearing the rules become, eventually you can end up with a look but don't touch idiocracy controlling all you used to enjoy.
    Money is the problem, they have too much and will invent new dilema's that need their righteous solutions, cut their funding and you cut the crap.
    America was founded with the intention to avoid the very problems you face now, emigrants left overbearing Europe(and everywhere else) to escape this nonsense and abuse governments (or their agencies)
    I accept I may be wrong in my assumptions, wish no offence caused to any on here, just hate to see the USA getting killed by bureaucracy.
    Stop the money, stop the stupidity, then they can fight real wars and not fight their own citizens.
    Last edited by Scottish888; Feb 13, 2018 at 04:03 AM.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    10395 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish888 View Post
    Just a thought from a person with no experience of mining or even panning yet in the USA but I do a fair bit here in Scotland.
    It is a pity to hear you folks are suffering from government organisation overload, from my experience here in Scotland/Uk, the more (tax)money you give the more goverments allow these official bodies to grow out of all proportion to the original aims and soon the very people they seek to help enjoy the countryside in a decent manner become the enemy of these organisations.
    All you can do is starve them of money, the more money they have the more stupid and overbearing the rules become, eventually you can end up with a look but don't touch idiocracy controlling all you used to enjoy.
    Money is the problem, they have too much and will invent new dilema's that need their righteous solutions, cut their funding and you cut the crap.
    America was founded with the intention to avoid the very problems you face now, emigrants left overbearing Europe(and everywhere else) to escape this nonsense and abuse governments (or their agencies)
    I accept I may be wrong in my assumptions, wish no offence caused to any on here, just hate to see the USA getting killed by beauracracy.
    Stop the money, stop the stupidity, then they can fight real wars and not fight their own citizens.

nope what you are saying is why so many of us here are against our government following the European model.

The people who want it here speak of how much you like it and how much better off you are for it.

We know differently though as do you.
    ghostminer likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links