Places where you can stop and metal detect along the HWY 14 or HWY 395 in SoCal?

GoldAggie

Apr 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am brand new to metal detecting from gold. Really only done it at the beach. But I am driving out to Death Valley from Simi Valley and was wondering where I can legally stop off and do a little bit of quick detecting between there and Death Valley. I know I'm not allowed to do it once I am in the Park.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to get in trouble or be considered a trespasser. And I'm not really sure on where you can and can not go detecting in the state, or what permits I might need to do it.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know nothing about the area but I would say that a good place to start some self research would be to familiarize yourself with the My Land Matters website.
Welcome to Land Matters Using that you can zero in on areas of interest and pretty much determine where and where not you can metal detect (usually ok on federal lands other than National Parks, etc.) if you are familiar with federal laws or ask questions here about the website and/or specific areas you are interested in. Here is the main thread about the website. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/435267-prospector-s-research-tools.html

Good luck.

Last edited:

dasmoose

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2014
SoCal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you end up going thru bishop there is a BLM office and they are very helpful as long as you have specifics about where you will be

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ei Pasos and Randsburg are on the way. If you've got the time, Marble and Marzurka Cyns and the Panamints.Due your due diligence like ariau says. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread