nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After several years of trying to get my wife to go down to the river. Finally the last week-end at camp she did, had a great time. She's been pestering me since. This past week-end we went north to the Wild Am. Her idea! We get there got all set up she wanted to run the sluice OK! So I got to dig and classify FUN! After a while she wanted to help classify so I let her. Got her going like a mad man, tossing rocks, classifying having a grand old time! Now comes the end of the day she's getting tired time to go. We pack it up off we go headed home was a good day. Wasn't in the car 5 mins. out go the lights she sleeps all the way home. Gets out of the truck all I hear is OH MY GOD AM I SORE! LOL! She asked me is this how you feel every time? I said no just the first time as the evening went on she kept getting more sore LOL! I just said found muscles you haven't used in a while? So now here's the mistake she's telling me I have to make river time or her not my prospecting buddy. I think she got the fever and I created a monster! How ever we did get some gold and had a good day! :laughing7:

Attachments

• DSCF0343.JPG
    DSCF0343.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a match made in heaven!

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know the happy wife story. It's almost like her wanting to craft in my garage! lol!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at it this way.... Now she can never call herself a "prospecting widow"! Like most other strenuous outdoor activities, it takes some getting used to. Doing stretches before and after will help with the soreness. Oh.... Setting her up with a nice hot bath afterwards will not only help her feel better, but ya get major brownie points as well.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEAH' but she goes to the gym 3 times a week that's the funny part!:icon_scratch:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Different activities - different muscles used. Stretching before alabaster is about all that has kept me in the hunt.

...and yeah... better check out that instructor. Just to be safe...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No mistake ,,until she starts letting you go along with her to the river....or worse , goes without you!

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. What's the Gym Instructor look like???

She goes to a place called Planet fitness no LUNKS just ordinary people. not worried she'd probably hurt them! She worked at the state prison inside the walls.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool , my wife has already told me she has no intrest at all , in Gold prospecting . I would love it if she would do it with me . She fishes and hunts with me , she also gets seasick . I just can't seem to get her in the boat , I bought a brand new 32 footer and set it up at the dock , we were all good till she set foot on the dock . She was good as long as the boat was moving till we stopped and started fishing , then I've never seen anyone that bright of green color and hang over the side , we stayed about 20 minutes and I just felt bad and took her home . It was a couple days before her color came back to some what normal . She went in the shower and it started all over again . We bought ever trick under the sun and tried a few more times to no avail . So I sold the big boat and went back to my 19 footer that I take to Block Island or mauntauck fish .

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
my wife would run my 2 1/2 then she started running my 5 she love both dredges. then I let her run my 10 inch, that was not as much run. let her work, just not to hard.. she would get into my dry suit to run the 10. there is a bit of a size difference, now that was funny. she found a 1/2 once nugget in quarts her first time running a dredge on the red river in Idaho. that got her hooked. made it easier for me to get away on more mining trips.

bill

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK then. You now have a full time working partner that needs....Oh IDK...say 25%. I mean she is a greenhorn. You don't start at the top no matter who ya know. :evil5:

(ifn that doesn't work, revert to rule 1. Happy wife...etc. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as I feed her and she can pick river rocks she's a happy camper! :headbang:

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She lets me do pretty much what I want. A little time with her doing some thing we now both like is good.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a gold digger of a wife! She digs, you run it through the sluice!:thumbsup:

You got it backwards I have to DIG! She feeds the sluice. Now she wants to go again next week-end. Fine by ME! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread