Final Day Gold Prospecting Scotland March 2016

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a video of my final day gold prospecting in Wanlockhead, Scotland. The video shows the hole we worked and the dam we constructed to lower to water level in the hole, I then show the gold pickers I plucked out of my sluice, the hole filled in and levelled off (to leave the land as we found it) and some pics of the final picker count and total gold clean up. I used a mix of equipment on this trip including a 2 1/2" manual gold pump, a 4" manual gold pump, my DIY home made gold hog sluice and my supersluice. All of the gold pictured is just what I found and with my friend also working the hole too, you can probably double whats pictured to get an idea of what we pulled out.

Upvote 0

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice set of videos and cleanup. Looking forward to next adventure. thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, hopefully I'll be away again at the end of this month for a few days

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really nice gold! I am glad you guys were rewarded for you patience and ingenuity. Love those pickers.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldgrabber, a great adventure & color! Thank you for sharing, a great example of what happens when people try!...................63bkpkr

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats some pretty gold you have!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys, hopefully I'll be back out on another trip in just 2 weeks time so hopefully find some more of that yella

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread