Yet another land grab
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Yet another land grab

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6154 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.

Yet another land grab

Found this article in the Kingman Daily Miner this morning. Looks like Obummer is trying to lock up even more good mining areas without a thought about miners and other users of PUBLIC lands. Yet another monument to NOTHING and a blatant land grab by the feds. Brought to you by the Sierra Club....Again!!!!

Grand Canyon Monument: Preserving Wilderness or a Naked Land Grab? - Kingman Daily Miner - Kingman, Arizona

People in the areas are not happy about this grab at all and are making their voices heard. All Arizona miners and users of public lands need to sound off and let the government know that we will not stand for yet another theft of our public lands.
    Aufisher, nh.nugget, OwenT and 5 others like this.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4091 times
    Prospecting
    I think he wants all these "monuments" before he leaves office just in case one will eventually be named after him for it. As John would say...sic sic sic
    We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    6154 times
    What gets me is that these are PUBLIC LANDS. Hence forth... Wouldn't it make sense for the PUBLIC to have some say in just what is done with them? We need to make our voices heard on these "Monuments" and the outright theft of properties that belong to us! If you go to MyLandMatters, open up the Arizona claims map and compare it to the proposed areas for this so called monument, you'll see that much of the proposed area is smack dab in the middle of some very good mining ground.

Then there is also the little matter of the fact that not all of the lands within this area are public lands! So now these property owners will loose much of the value of their land should they ever try or even be able to sell. The only ones that would be interested in it would be the government and they sure are not going to give fair market value.

The government is abusing the antiquities act to get these monuments rammed through. The antiquities act states that they can only take the MINIMUM amount of land needed to protect an area. So why are they trying to take an area that is nearly the size of the state of Maryland? There is also the fact that federal management of these land is a major joke as it is. They're 11.9 BILLION dollars behind on deferred maintenance costs already and this will only increase that debt.

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3772 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Last edited by winners58; Apr 12, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2765 times
    They Ole Bummers looking for his legacy....... I've got an idea! everything - what little I've touched has turned to doo doo.

For the last 10 or 20 years I've noticed they're closing areas, blocking roads & trails, making it near impossible to walk off the side of roads due to planting cactus etc. There's not really any explanation except control most any way to get out of Dodge when it hits the fan is being closed off. Anywhere a small scale miner can make a buck is being withdrawn or taken away. Check your newer topos against your old topos notice how much information has been eliminated? The newer maps aren't much better than a road map. I pity the city folk, they're being forced slowly & quietly into the cities "for our safety" they'll never comprehend what's going on

Anyone else notice these things?
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Mar 2012
    1640 times
    I hope you guys can make enough noise to stop this. Get with 4X4 clubs ,hunters,hikers, campers ,birdwatchers,rock hounds, dirtbikers anybody that enjoys the land. Have you ever checked into the salaries that the board of directors of the Sierra Club and others ? Not a bad caper those guys and gals have got going. Good Luck fellers !!

us
    Apr 2012
    Reno NV
    113 times
    The government knows where the minerals are, LAND GRAB or whatever "guise" or whoever "group" to use to shut down
    the public land is outRAGEous. Its not fair. You know justice, its really JUST US.
    johnnysau
    Jeff95531, Aufisher and russau like this.
    Hey save your gold dust, you'll need to give change when the dollar goes south !

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7027 times
    It's sad - had a nice, long paragraph written up but didn't want to risk getting banned here. ...And I don't give a rat's rear about the politics involved. It's losing our RIGHTS that's ticking me off!

I could be wrong, as there is a lot I just have to shut out rather than going insane, but I think it all boils down to the land. I don't think they care about what minerals are there, just so long as illegal border crossings are not likely to stop! -- -- -- (...started doing it again) ....I do think minerals is a part of the equation, but a smaller part.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2966 times
    Prospecting
    The environmentalists position: But if we lock it up, it will be there for all the future generations to see and enjoy......and I add; as they freeze to death in the dark!!!!

See below.
    Last edited by arizau; Apr 12, 2016 at 05:04 PM.
    rodoconnor, Aufisher and russau like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    FIRE...Financially Independent Retired Early. Poor but free!

Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    4091 times
    Prospecting
    OK. We all know politics isn't tolerated here...so let's let Roy Rogers say it all for us.

We don't fight for gain. We fight for what is rightfully ours.

Just another supporter of Land Matters http://www.mylandmatters.org/ The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

CA prospectors check here http://www.mylandmatters.org/Donate/Gift1.html

A recent study found that there are just too many studies being done.

us

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    6154 times
    I hadn't heard about the Nevada one Winners. Thanks for posting the link. The California desert grabs are already a done deal but if we raise enough stink about them there is a slight possibility that they could be overturned and the land put back to its previous designation.

Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    They Ole Bummers looking for his legacy....... I've got an idea! everything - what little I've touched has turned to doo doo.

For the last 10 or 20 years I've noticed they're closing areas, blocking roads & trails, making it near impossible to walk off the side of roads due to planting cactus etc. There's not really any explanation except control most any way to get out of Dodge when it hits the fan is being closed off. Anywhere a small scale miner can make a buck is being withdrawn or taken away. Check your newer topos against your old topos notice how much information has been eliminated? The newer maps aren't much better than a road map. I pity the city folk, they're being forced slowly & quietly into the cities "for our safety" they'll never comprehend what's going on

Anyone else notice these things?
    If you go to the USGS and download different editions of the same maps it's easy to see the changes. I had downloaded all of the maps for my county with the aerial views only to find that the majority of them didn't include the PLSS grid. Now.... Tell me again how the majority of claims are filed here. OH YEAH!!!! THE PLSS SYSTEM!!!! I had to go back and download the same maps all over again to get the older versions that had the grid on them. Burned up 2 months of download allotment from my old provider and I HATE having to do work twice as it is.

You'll also see that the newer maps have gotten rid of many of the old mine locations, unimproved roads etc etc etc. The mines were left out "for safety reasons" so people wouldn't enter them. Considering that many of the mines here have vertical shafts and the head frame has been removed or has rotted away over time knowing where these holes in the ground are might be a good thing for a dirt biker or other off roader to know before they go splat. If someone is stupid enough to enter an abandoned mine then let Darwinisum take its course.

BTW Boogyman... I like your location! Know it well! Spend time the the fugowai tribe quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    The environmentalists position: But if we lock it up, it will be there for all the future generations to see and enjoy......and I add; as they freeze to death in the dark!!!!

See below.
    Or in the case of the Sierra Fund and Dizzy Izzy, we'll make it so honest people can't mine their claims and then come through and do a "Mercury Remediation" at the tax payers expense and keep the gold for ourselves. Mother Nature takes care of itself given enough time. If humans do their part and pack their trash out when they visit, those lands will be there for many generations to come and still be open for our use and enjoyment. Between the ESA, Water quality acts, and so called Land Management practices that have proven to cause more harm than good (look at the major fires in our forests last year as an example), maybe it's the government that should be banned from the parks and public lands. I don't know about the rest of you but that sounds like a wonderful idea to me!!!

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3772 times
    designated;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...y_Barack_Obama
    next likely ones;
    12 most likely places Obama may make a national monument | The Salt Lake Tribune
    (edit)oop's 2014 story two of these have already been designated.

with out getting into politics too much
    the one's that scare me the most is like when Sally Jewell spoke at the malheur national refuge
    she said we do give back lands to local control, we transferred lands back to "conservation trust's"
    IMHO the mindset is just way off in left field.
    Last edited by winners58; Apr 12, 2016 at 07:33 PM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Feb 2015
    Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
    570 times
    Prospecting
    [QUOTE=winners58;4940520]designated;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...y_Barack_Obama

I guess he wants to make it at least an even 20?
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodoconnor View Post
    I hope you guys can make enough noise to stop this. Get with 4X4 clubs ,hunters,hikers, campers ,birdwatchers,rock hounds, dirtbikers anybody that enjoys the land. Have you ever checked into the salaries that the board of directors of the Sierra Club and others ? Not a bad caper those guys and gals have got going. Good Luck fellers !!
    I'm probably gonna get a ton of flak for saying this but, around here the 4x4 clubs around here are more than happy to go along with the program just to keep the little strips of trails open to ride their quads. Most of them have better spiels than the rangers, so they're not much help at all.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7027 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I'm probably gonna get a ton of flak for saying this but, around here the 4x4 clubs around here are more than happy to go along with the program just to keep the little strips of trails open to ride their quads. Most of them have better spiels than the rangers, so they're not much help at all.
    Why should you get flack for stating a factual observation? Don't worry about it. ...But this land-grab crap IS getting real old real fast!
    OwenT, russau and goldenIrishman like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links