et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Owen, there is video out of 2 guy's using a BGT up river from my claim, nice gold.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
I know a guy that owns property there and has pulled out pounds when dredging was still legal. He now goes to Oregon. He dropped four different nuggets in my hand 1 1/2 + ounce and a mason jar full to the top. I think that's when I caught the fever

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Owen, there is video out of 2 guy's using a BGT up river from my claim, nice gold.

Any chance you would share that video? What's a BGT?

My grandfather worked on many of the bridges that got washed out in the 64' flood. They were drilling piles for the foundation and every night they would pan the gravel spoils. Several of the guys including my grandfather had mason jars that were on their way to being full with nuggets. They kept the pans and the jars of gold on the front porch of the cabin they were staying in. Didn't think anybody would steal it. Well somebody did steal the gold, right about the time the job was over. Because it was easy pickings, easy come - easy go. He didn't lose much sleep over the loss.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK thanks. My dad has a claim below Sawyers Bar. Definitely big gold on the north fork compared to the south fork.

I know somebody that has a claim further down the north fork, closer to the Forks - it also has big gold.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any chance you would share that video? What's a BGT?

My grandfather worked on many of the bridges that got washed out in the 64' flood. They were drilling piles for the foundation and every night they would pan the gravel spoils. Several of the guys including my grandfather had mason jars that were on their way to being full with nuggets. They kept the pans and the jars of gold on the front porch of the cabin they were staying in. Didn't think anybody would steal it. Well somebody did steal the gold, right about the time the job was over. Because it was easy pickings, easy come - easy go. He didn't lose much sleep over the loss.
Thanks for the info, still looking for that video, will post when I find it. My claim is the old Flap Jack Bar mine, getting very excited, remember Owen, if you ever make it down there my offer to let you mine on my claim still stands.

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info, still looking for that video, will post when I find it. My claim is the old Flap Jack Bar mine, getting very excited, remember Owen, if you ever make it down there my offer to let you mine on my claim still stands.
I'm not likely to forget, not when we know there's 1 1/2 oz nuggets lurking out there. If I get the fever too bad I may just have to drive down after school for the weekend, or just skip class :laughing7:

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not likely to forget, not when we know there's 1 1/2 oz nuggets lurking out there. If I get the fever too bad I may just have to drive down after school for the weekend, or just skip class :laughing7:
It is only a 10.5 hr drive for me, you a little longer, as for gold fever, just wait till I show you what I find down there.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If it's the claim I'm thinking of....there is some interesting high channel there that appears to have been worked recently. I don't know if that would be part of your claim or not. There looks to be a 4-wheeler trail going to it.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if a member here that goes by the handle of Featherdfishead knows the history of your claim. His dad has done a lot of mining in that area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are a couple claims that border mine on the south and south west side that are actively mining. I have copies of the quit claim deeds of all the claims around mine. Good to know your neighbors. Will look for Featherdfishead, thanks, the knowledge his dad has is more valuable than gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread