1934 U.S. Bureau of Mines Circular

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this........http://pubs.dggsalaskagov.us/webpubs/usbm/ic/text/ic6786.pdf.

There is much more info here and is where the above was obtained.......Publications - USBM Information Circular Series | Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys.

One interesting thing I found in the circular was a slightly different design, by a local miner, for a rocker box than any I have seen before and also a description of how rockers were used in the area I began (and still do!) prospecting almost 50 years ago; the Greaterville district about an hour from where I live.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The circular I've concluded is sometimes like a press release for the papers in the references if that's a good description, so when you find a good circular check out all the papers in the reference section at the bottom as they often contain good papers that the circular summarized. Also search Usgs usbm unpublished report along with your search terms in an area and it sometimes pulls up unpublished reports that can be helpful.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"Found this........."

Cool AZAU, where on Earth did you ever find such a file?? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Found this........."

Cool AZAU, where on Earth did you ever find such a file?? :thumbsup:

I wonder? Had help though.:laughing7:

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax