Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want to attend on line, you must register first (so they know where to find you :laughing1:)...

Reminder - Online Public Meeting - Friday, April 29
The NPS is conducting a boundary study in cooperation with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to explore whether it would be appropriate and feasible to add lands in the Eagle Mountain area in Riverside County, California to Joshua Tree National Park. The study and environmental assessment is currently available for public review.

The first public meeting for the National Park Service's (NPS) Eagle Mountain Boundary Study Including Possible Land Withdrawal Environmental Assessment will be on Friday, April 29 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time). This will be a virtual/online meeting, so anyone with a phone and Internet access can participate from anywhere. Please see below for details about how to register for the meeting.

As a reminder, the summary newsletter, full report, and link to the NPS online public comment system are available on the study website: National Park Service - PEPC - Eagle Mountain Boundary Study including Possible Land Withdrawal Environmental Assessment.

Online Meeting - How to Register
You must register to attend the online meeting. Once you register you will be sent a link and additional information to join the meeting. Please click on the following link to register

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6022728147347257347

Upcoming Public Meetings Near Joshua Tree

Desert Center, CA
May 3, 2016 * 1-3 pm
Lake Tamarisk Community Center
26-251 Parkview Dr

Palm Desert, CA
May 3, 2016 * 6-8 pm
University of California, Riverside - Palm Desert Center
Second Floor, Room B200
75080 Frank Sinatra Drive

Joshua Tree, CA
May 4, 2016 * 6-8 pm
Joshua Tree Community Center (Elliott Hall)
6171 Sunburst Street

There will be several opportunities for providing comments in addition to the public meetings. Written comments can be submitted via the NPS online public comment system, email, or by sending your comments to our physical mailing address (please see below for contact information).

Comments must be submitted by May 27, 2016.

Contact Information

Mail: Eagle Mountain Boundary Study
Joshua Tree National Park
74485 National Park Drive
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277-3597

Website: National Park Service - PEPC - Eagle Mountain Boundary Study including Possible Land Withdrawal Environmental Assessment

E-mail: [email protected]

Phone: David Smith, Superintendent (760) 367-5500
Barbara Butler Baunsgard, Project Manager (415) 623-2311

Pacific West Region Planning Office, National Park Service, Pacific West Region, Park Planning, 333 Bush St #500, San Francisco, CA 94104

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time for us to gather upon the spacecraft and leave this cruddy planet behind!

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As i suspected the general area has intense mineralization, cant find a map of the exact area they are talking about though.
But looks like a another LAND GRAB for the JUST US comrades to me, for whatever pretense they can come up with. Thanks for the notice!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what you do ,like coyotes and cockroaches, they find a way to survive. The battle never ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though I agree lets keep the post to facts and not political opinions please. Appreciate the help :thumbsup:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Now just what was so political about my post to warrant its being deleted Tn? I could have REALLY gone political on this but I curbed my thoughts and only answered Aufishers' joke with another one. No mention of any political parties in it at all and I wasn't promoting any candidates. I was only trying to show Aufisher and the others that WE should not be the ones to leave the planet. I'd even received some likes from others.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now just what was so political about my post to warrant its being deleted Tn? I could have REALLY gone political on this but I curbed my thoughts and only answered Aufishers' joke with another one. No mention of any political parties in it at all and I wasn't promoting any candidates. I was only trying to show Aufisher and the others that WE should not be the ones to leave the planet. I'd even received some likes from others.

Big difference his was a slight joke yours was a political rant. If you wish to rant become a paying member we have sections were you can go "Political " all you wish. I agreed with your post but it opens the door to a rode we are not going to take. I am not making a big deal of it goldenirishman but did want to reply to your post.
Cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread