Gold cube and miller table

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that I have a little experience with prospecting I was thinking running material through a gold cube then using a miller table to cleanly extract the cons from the cube might be a good one two punch. Any thoughts? I get really frustrated panning some of the really fine stuff, very hard to separate from the black sand without panning black sand out and probably losing gold.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is but not like this.... DSCN6051.JPG

I will be there tomorrow and snap a few pics ( and run my newly built beach sluice)

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see:
1. You can use the hose to help classify (great idea) but once you start running dirt in the cube, keep the water flowing in the cube constantly until cleanout...to avoid bubbles forming in the mats.
2. Using classifiers, I just fill a bucket with water, then the classifier sits down into the water so a simple stirring of paydirt drops the -8 material into the bucket.
3. Actually, I use the "Banker" topper or the trommel topper on the cube when I use one. Means less bending over :)

Man I honestly don't know if the Cube at the river is any faster than using the Pro Pan. I tried the Cube at the creek last weekend and just shoveling and classifying takes a while, then running 8 full 5 gallon buckets through the Cube takes a while too. One nice thing about using the Cube is that when you have enough buckets to run you get a good breather for your back while feeding it, I think the Pro Pan might be more efficient or even with the Cube but much harder on your back. I would love to get a trommel top for my Cube.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ordered a cube today. I see a trommel top in my future as well. Looking forward to the cubes arrival.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got me a brand spankin new cube sitting here in my living room. Just waiting for my next trip to the river!

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New spot turned out much better! My friends that is a Mn nugget!:laughing7: Seriously though in comparison to what I was getting(almost all -100 mesh) this stuff was a welcome surprise. Still a bunch of fine stuff in the -100 but I am saving all of that.
20160707_212249.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love it, nice prospecting!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New spot turned out much better! My friends that is a Mn nugget!:laughing7: Seriously though in comparison to what I was getting(almost all -100 mesh) this stuff was a welcome surprise. Still a bunch of fine stuff in the -100 but I am saving all of that.
View attachment 1334173

I don't own a cube but from what I have read you can further concentrate (super concentrate) what you have saved just by giving it another ride through the cube and just process the top tray for now since that typically is where most of the gold is retained. Reducing the volume of concentrate that needs panning is always a good thing and you can save the remaining tails to pan or rerun again during those cold MN winters.:thumbsup:

Good luck.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that creek and (if my guess about that location is right) the one behind you currently flowing?

Very little flow. Not enough to run a sluice....Well you could run this... DSCN8874.JPG
Most of the black sand is gone too, or buried.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I honestly don't know if the Cube at the river is any faster than using the Pro Pan. I tried the Cube at the creek last weekend and just shoveling and classifying takes a while, then running 8 full 5 gallon buckets through the Cube takes a while too. One nice thing about using the Cube is that when you have enough buckets to run you get a good breather for your back while feeding it, I think the Pro Pan might be more efficient or even with the Cube but much harder on your back. I would love to get a trommel top for my Cube.

Just finished building a trommel for my Cube mostly out of scrap materials I had left over from other projects and will try it out for the first time this Sunday.

100_5935.jpg

No more classifying :hello2:

GG~

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job Gg.........:thumbsup:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread