Hey everyone, curious how everyone hauls their equipment

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am curiouse to hear how everyone hauls there buckets and shovels and pans if your prospecting a far distance from your vehicle. I have been using a backpack then d rings to hold my buckets but still always looking for a more efficient way
any info would be awesome
thanks everyone

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunters Game Carts work well. One with large wheels roll better over rough terrain and they can handle a lot of weight.

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at those just the other day, thanks for the input

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the backs of those I invite to the claim. What ya think I take folks mining with me cuz I'm a nice guy? Back packs- I have a soft frame heavy duty climbers pack that a five gallon bucket fits into perfect and carries a ton of junk. Also have a game cart which is nice when we go big in the boonies, but my favorite is a three wheeled job I made. It's a frame that folds up, I used bmx tires for the wheels, but the cool part is it is made to fit one of those sleds like you use for duck hunting. I can fit everything in it and when we get to the river I don't have to unpack the thing, simply pull the pins that hold it to the frame and use it as a boat to get across the river.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on terrain.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These are the two packs I use. The small one I keep in my truck. Along with my prospector and new sniper. I use it the most. If I'm planning on going 5 or more miles, or with my son I use the larger pack. It's made to haul more weight and has a waist strap. Which the smaller one doesn't. Which is nice for distributing the weight equally on shoulders and waist. I can strap everything nice and tight and don't have anything hanging and bouncing around as I hike.

Attachments

• 1462139387462.jpg
    1462139387462.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 99

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a little old and outta shape, so I limit my pack to 15 pounds of gear going in (plus walking sticks) because the cons from my samples go into four-4 pound potato salad plastic containers. When I hike in, it's usually a chore then 2-3 hours of sampling/sometimes sluicing, then classified go into the containers and hike back out. Drive time there an hour and an hour back of course. Not much time for lunch so fix/eat a hearty breakfast and snack on Jerky on the way back home. Then... :occasion14:

Works well for me. :icon_thumleft:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I am going to use a bucket which is rare I put it inside my Alice pack and load all the tools and my Bazooka in the bucket. I only take what I will need or use. If some sampling shows good gold that I do not have the tools for I leave it for another day but usually I know what I am going to get and how I am going to get it.

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all good stuff everyone, thank you. For now I have a plastic tote bucket for all my small stuff sluice on the top of that and shovels in hand. I need to simplify so I really appreciate everyone's input

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Easy, in my Bronco. Luck for me, I can drive up to most of my dig sites. Otherwise I use a standard Issue military style duffle bag with shoulder straps.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462278177.228232.jpg

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Post....

I've been looking at these lately, but these things are over 1K
MONOWALKER.jpg

And I really like the idea of this:
FOLDING wb.jpg .
FOLDING WHEELBARROW

So I want to make my own unit that is a hybrid of both.
The basic frame layout and wheel size of the Monowalker but incorporate the fabric hammock to use as a wheelbarrow once your working.
I think this would be the bomb!!

BMOLLMAN

Greenie
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've tried to keep it simple. Bare-bones collapsible setup with scavenged handle-bars and fork from a kids bike. Telescopic Pipes connected in between, and a 250-lb rated wheel in back. Over one full wrap around buckets with the straps, then lift in middle with (padded) pipe. Figure about 200-lbs in buckets here. Not show here, but the shovels, pick, & pry-bar fit in between buckets, on top of pipe.
TRAILER.JPG IMG_0527.JPG

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
You know, Rookman (Daryl) asked me the same thing when he first saw my rig. Unfortunately there wasn't enough room for the kitchen sink. But I am ready for whatever the water conditions are.:laughing7:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My two cents: If you have heavy stuff, a folding game cart is great. Stay away from garden carts, which look somewhat the same. If you at taking so much stuff that you need one, you might want to rethink your strategy. LOL Otherwise, as far as backpacks go, I look for something without pockets and compartments. There are packs for a canoe that fit this bill. They are waterproof, huge and cheap. There is no frame, so when you load it, make sure nothing is poking into your back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread